There is little wrong about this place. The location within Taormina is good ( central yet quiet ), the historical connotations are excellent yet the comfort is everywhere. The views are superb right from the room and from the breakfast area. The gardens are magnificent, the staff helpful. So what can be improved ? Free Wifi in the rooms ( at present it is free in the common areas but paying in the rooms ), the choice of music in the cloister area ( relaxing bar type garden place ). Why do we need music at all in a place like this ? The noise of the road below can be a pain when one lies at the pool ( at least change the manhole cover which each car driving past dislodge ). For the rest ....heaven except maybe for the tariffs which I would label as purgatory !
By the way, be prepared to walk because the place is big.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for renovation. Opening date to be announced soon. A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily