Just spent a week at the San Domenico Palace. Reception staff were lovely, very helpful and courteous. Our room was lovely and big with a comfortable bed. The bathroom however was quite small and needed updating. The first morning there was a horrible sewage type smell when I turned the taps on. The shower curtain was very old and really the bathroom was not the standard of a five star hotel. We also had one of the noisiest air con units I've ever had the misfortune to endure! The hotel is in a great position with wonderful views of the sea and Mt Etna. The gardens are stunning It's an oasis of peace and tranquility. The breakfast is lovely and the staff were very nice and accommodating. Poolside.... Nice pool, but very slow service from inattentive staff. In the week that we were there they came around with free granita drinks once. With the prices they charge perhaps they could do this more? Would be a nice touch. We ended up taking drinks from our room as we got frustrated trying to catch a waiters eye. When you get to the pool you wait for up to 10 minutes for someone to appear with towels, once I asked for one extra towel and the guy gave me such a look that I found myself apologising! All in all this is a lovely hotel, we enjoyed our stay, it just needs some surgery in parts to bring if up to a five star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for renovation. Opening date to be announced soon. A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily