The most spacious hotel we ever been to. In fact it is an old monastery with broad long corridors and cells as rooms. Situated in the center of Taormina with a large garden and a nice swimmingpool area. Our room was very pleasant facing the town and the sea and with a big terrace. The rooms are very expensive and therefore we have high requirements on staff and service. Unfortunately, with the exemption of the breakfast terrace staff, they were rather arrogant and gave priority to serve colleagues rather than guests. We stayed for 3 days and informed four different managers that the minibar was not functioning. It did not help. In order to get chilled water bottles we ended up buying those in town. Not worthy a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily