This was a pleasant hotel in many ways. It was conveniently located near the bus station - useful as many trips had a 7am start. It was possible to walk easily to either end of town - up to the Messina gate or down a little and then across to Piazza IX Aprile. The latter route also led to the delightful Public Gardens with fine views towards Etna and Southwards along the coast. Lovely views from the bar terrace, restaurant, and particularly the lounge. Also from the front rooms though we had a back room that looked out on a rock face. The pool area was lovely, and the pool a good size though a little chilly in early May. There was a good choice of food for breakfast, and evening meals were competitively priced for Taormina (not a cheap place).
Reception was helpful, and even managed to book a Sunday trip for us that we didn't ask about until about 9pm on Saturday!
The room was clean, and an adequate size though I personally found the bed very hard.
A few little grumbles:
1) Bed was very hard as mentioned above
2) There are 92 steps up from the bus station to reception. There was a lift but there is still a slope and 17 steps to reach this, and on several occasions during our stay it wasn't working. This meant going back down the 17 steps and up the 92! I think you might mention this in your publicity or get a more reliable lift.
3) The wifi didn't work
Nevertheless an enjoyable stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parc Hotel Ariston & Palazzo Santa Caterina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc Hotel Ariston And Palazzo Santa Caterina
- Parc Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Ariston Taormina
- Ariston Hotel Taormina
- Parc Hotel Ariston & Palazzo Santa Caterina Taormina, Sicily