We had two weeks here from 6th September.
We would give this hotel a mark of 3.5. It is not as bad as some of the earlier reviews. Granted, it is not a 4 star hotel as it claims, but it is a good 3 star.
The good points:-
- The room we had was a reasonable size, it was very clean and our bathroom was very large.
- We paid extra for the sea view and balcony and the views were superb
- The public areas such as the bar, reception, gardens and swimming pool were all nice and well maintained
- bar prices and mini bar were good value considering general taormina prices
- excellent location, 10 minute walk to the central corso umberto and 1 minute to the bus station which we used several times for trips and days out.
The bad points:-
- some staff were a bit surly and slow, especially around the bar.
- Food wasnt great. It was by no means bad, but compared to some of the restaurants in Taormina it was inferior.
- The room has a feel of being a bit dated. The carpet looked pretty old, could have done with a lick of paint etc.
- the balcony was tiny
Overall a good experience, we would go there again but the key for the Ariston is that it has a superb location. If we had the choice in future we would go b&b - the breakfast was fine.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parc Hotel Ariston & Palazzo Santa Caterina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc Hotel Ariston And Palazzo Santa Caterina
- Parc Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Ariston Taormina
- Ariston Hotel Taormina
- Parc Hotel Ariston & Palazzo Santa Caterina Taormina, Sicily