“Avoid!”

Ranked #22 of 23 Dessert in Taormina
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 August 2014

10,50 for an aperol and a juice. The aperol was disgusting and when we asked to get a new one they looked angry at us. Just go somewhere else.

1  Thank Yoshi S

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The shop front looks amazing, lots of delicious looking Sicilian specialties and a rustic feel.

I decided to go in as everything looked so appetising.

Inside was fairly busy and I was reassured to see so many people buying.

I was shocked at the high prices of the prepacked biscuits and decided to go to the counter to buy some chosen items.

Everything looked great and I got a selection of biscuits and a slice of cake.

The young lady who served me was bored and barely spoke to me. There were a few people behind the counter and none of them smiled or were friendly to me. I spoke in Italian hoping to get a better/friendlier service but not at all. It wasn't a language barrier it was just plain rudeness.

I can handle rude service if the goods are exceptional. This wasn't the case.

I was very disappointed as the cake was so sweet it was inedible. The pastries must have been there a while as they were rock hard and also way too sweet.

There are so many nicer places to go, I wouldn't even consider coming back here.

1  Thank Keyz
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I asked my driver Giuseppe where to find the best cannoli in Taormina, he responded Pasticceria Chemi. Easy to find, across from the bank of Sicily, The most important thing to remember about cannoli in Sicily is that the cream is from sheep's milk ricotta and that it is not as sweet as we are use to back at home. The outside cafe is located across from the store itself. I ordered a cafe latte(cappuccino is too frothy) and a cannolo. Shell was fried & crispy, ricotta cream was, as I expected, creamy & not over sweet. Ambrosia!.
I strongly suggest to make Chemi a must stop when you are walking along the Corso Umberto in Taormina.

2  Thank ALFREDUCCIO
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Not difficult to walk out with a few bags of different delights to take home and a gelato to keep one going.

The only problem was remembering the suitcase is full !

1  Thank MDR_11
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We shopped here for confectionery to bring back to the USA. (Our hotel had provided us with a bag of Christmas treats that were amazing. When we asked the hotel to recommend a pasticceria to shop for goodies to take back we were directed to Pasticceria Chemi,)
Interestingly we had noticed the pasticceria during our walks on Corso Umberto especially because it had a TripAdvisor sticker and celebrity pictures on its door. We were tickled to see Luca Zingarettii had visited the place. His detective series "Montalbano" was the inspiration for our trip to Sicily!
Also, the display window had an interesting nativity scene: an erupting Mount Etna with the holy family sheltering within it.
The confectionery was very superior, pricey but worth it.

1  Thank rh24