I spent 4 nights at this hotel with my sisters in July 2014 and overall we were very pleased with the hotel. The pool area is lovely and has many areas in which you can find a sun bed, each one with a different view to look at so never a boring place. The beach area was also nice even though it was pebbly and hard to get into the water without special water shoes or flip flops.
The rooms are spacious and we had a nice garden balcony area.
The breakfast was copious and lacking in nothing and had a wonderful view of Mount Etna and the sea.
There were a few things that were not up to a standard and which the hotel should take into account. The snack food by the bar was very basic and not very good at all. On top of it there was really not that much choice. Your other choice was to have a sit down meal for the value of 35 euros plus. If you don't fancy spending that much at lunch, then you are kind of stuck for choice which is a great shame.
The other criticism I have of this hotel is the times of the free shuttle buses that take you to the centre of Taormina. The 6.45 is always fully booked and the next one after that is at 20.30.Most people like to go into town around 6.30-7.30 so they can browse around the town before eating dinner, so it is no surprise that the 6.45 is always booked by mid day. If it is, you have no other option but to eat very late or take a taxi to the town. For a hotel with so many guests they should put on more buses at peak times!!!
Lastly, we were shocked to find that the wifi is not free. Everywhere you go in Taormina it is free, so a hotel of this standing should offer free wifi to it's guests. When you did pay, it i was a rather rubbish service to boot!
Despite these criticisms, I have to say most of the staff were very nice, especially Santorini at reception. Always gave a smile with the service and very very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grafted onto the bare rock lapped by the waves beneath, the hotel's location is a dream come true. Atahotel Capotaormina stands at the feet of the town of Taormina, overlooking the enchanting bay of Naxos. The "Naxos," "Alcantara" and "La Scogliera" restaurants offer a relaxing atmosphere and breathtaking views over the eastern coast. The "Svevo," "L'Approdo" and "Spiaggia" bars are the ideal place to relax. The gym, the Beauty Center and the Congress Center complete the offer in this small corner of paradise, perfect for those wanting a holiday in one of Italy's most famous resorts. The ideal place to organise unforgettable events. HOTEL: 190 rooms divided into Classic, Superior, Executive and Suites (1 Executive Suite, 1 Executive Apartment, 2 Superior Junior Suites and 2 Junior Suites). 4 Functional rooms dedicated to disabled guests. Restaurants "La Scogliera," "Naxos," "Alcantara" and bars "Svevo," "Spiaggia," "L'approdo." Private beach. Newsstand. Boutiques. Hairdresser. Internet Point. SPA & WELLNESS: Sauna, massages, and beauty treatments. Fitness Center with trainer. Outdoor whirlpool shaped in the rock for 14 people. ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: A purified sea-water pool overhanging the sea. Baby-sitter service upon request. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: "Mamertina" plenary hall 450 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 160 seats. 1 Meeting room 30 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 10/15 seats. Exhibition area: 510 m2. "Rossa" meeting room: equipped for secretarial services. A wide range of proposals for any occasion. Dedicated areas for any type of event with modular rooms. Theme party dinners in personalized and exclusive areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Atahotel Capotaormina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atahotel Capotaormina Taormina, Sicily
- Atahotel Capotaormina Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Capotaormina