“Awful awful awful”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Awful awful awful”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Possible management change - now seems to be called Romeo e Juliet.

Awful. Lazy waiter, over friendly waitress, loud, out of key, disturbing guitar/singer, cats that no one cared to try and get rid of, awful food, constant disturbances and a over charge of €3 per person, rubbish and no value for money at all. They seemed truly annoyed we wished to eat at all and then tried to give extra food to my friend even tho she had made it clear she did not want it. Not a nice place.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“This restaurant is definitely worth the visit.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We came across this little restaurant that was playing music in English. We ended up visiting 3 nights in a row. Great atmosphere and extremely helpful staff. A must if in Sicily

• Visited October 2013
soth east
“Our best evening in Taormina”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Admittedly we didn't eat here and the wine was a little expensive.BUT the live music was excellent .The atmosphere was one of great fun .The waiter even sang a couple of songs.We requested 'Hotel California 'by the Eagles and he sang it perfectly.

Visited September 2013
Key West, Florida
“Excellent meal in Taormina”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had the lasagna and my friend had the swordfish. We both loved our food. The service was outstanding and they spoke English, which was a huge plus for us. It was just off the beaten path so we could enjoy a little peace and quiet. I would highly recommend this to anyone! This is exactly that I was thinking about when I pictured Sicily in my mind.

• Visited October 2013
Sweden
“Perfect for a romantic setting”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have been reading the previous reviews and I have to say I somewhat disagree. Maybe some of the previous guests were looking for a gourmet restaurant - and this is not what Romeo and Juliet is about. But the food is not bad at all and the setting is simply splendid. I enjoyed several evenings listening and singing along with the live performance (different musicians during the week - not always the same one) and I felt this was the right place to have a good time. It seemed to me many couples felt the same way. The place has a romantic feel to it that correspond with its name.

I would say the food is mediumpriced and the housewine quite acceptable.

• Visited August 2013