“A modern, well situated hotel”

Eurostars Monte Tauro
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a modern hotel sympathetically designed to match Taormina's antiquity conveniently situated a few streets below the main street. We really enjoyed staying here, a little luxury after our trip around Sicily. We had a large bedroom with a large south facing bedroom. Breakfasts were huge American buffets with Sicilian specialities ( and a small selection of gluten free). Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and we were not disappointed. We had the room of our choice (to the right of the elevator) with a great view of the bay and Mount Etna, (but the hotel didn't put the bottle of champagne in our room as promised to our travel agent)!! The room was clean and comfortable but we were disappointed that you were charged for tea and coffee. The pool area is perfect for a very relaxing day and this is made even more so by the pool guy 'Giovanni'. He was so attentive without being intrusive, he remembered who liked the sun and who liked the shade and he made sure that everyone had their own personal space - 10/10 for Giovanni!! The pool bar was good and again the staff were good especially Antony who ensured we had cold white wine. If you like dry white wine then I would highly recommend 'Murgo' and all the ice-cream!!! Breakfast was good and we always had a table by the window, which has spectacular views of the bay below. Staff here were ok. At first we thought the steep slope from the hotel was scary (sorry no heels to be worn) but we got use to it and I think it helped us to keep in shape. The restaurants and shops of Taormina are wonderful and we found some amazing places to eat and we didn't find it expensive. If you get the chance go to the Italian Opera which is 2 hours of listening to some delightful music and songs. Highlight of our holiday was an excursion to Mount Etna (which we were lucky enough to see erupt from our balcony) and a boat trip to Panerra and Strombolli where we watched and heard the volcano of Strombolli erupting every 15 minutes - what an experience.
The beaches below are divine with great beach bars serving good food. Would we go back, most definitely yes but we would like to experience a villa holiday here with the family. Oh yes the weather was perfect to and we had air conditioning in our room.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room to the right of the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hazel S
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from my recent holiday to Sicily. This is the 2nd time me & my hubby have stayed at the Monte Tauro.
The hotel is lovely and clean, the rooms are nice, the location is lovely the only negative re hotel is the steep hill, not a hotel I don't think for the elderly.
The breakfast buffet is not bad I don't think, if you like a full English then you'll be disappointed.
The pool area is amazing! It's run by Giovanni who is just wonderful! He is attentive and helpful he loves he's job nothing is too much trouble for him.
Well worth staying here you wont be disappointed.
My only moan was there was sachet tea and coffee in the room which to be honest I thought was going to be free, they was however added to our bill (2 hot choc sachets and 1 coffee 10 euro!!!!) So just be aware of that. next time I'll be taking my own. Overall great!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at The Monte Tauro for two weeks and overall were very pleased but a few little tweaks would make this hotel much better. They could do with at least one more lift as there is only one, for which you can wait for several minutes. The choice of gluten-free food was abysmal - bread buns, chocolate muffins and jam tarts and they ran out of bread for 3 days - not befitting for a four star hotel. When I complained, they gave me a family sized bowl of fruit, which was wonderful but they should have been more on the ball. Breakfast in general was excellent with an amazing choice. Rooms were clean, but a little small and balconies were generous. We didn't have tea & coffee facilities in our room, which the previous reviewer had mentioned. The steep road into the hotel was challenging, I would not advise this for the elderly (no offence intended) or unfit as it could ruin their holiday. I would go back to Monte Tauro because its location was excellent - close to town yet quiet and the views were magnificent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a wedding guest for a wedding in Taormina - the hotel was faultless - best views in Italy - stylishly set overlooking the pool and coastline - the staff were all professional hard working and polite. In reception Fabio could not do enough to assist us - he didn't refuse any requests and is a credit to the company . Similarly Giuseppe in the restaurant worked
tirelessly to make us all feel special
The pool attendants sprung into action with sun beds and towels as soon as they saw you. The rooms were immaculate - lift efficient with stunning views - parking efficient - pool area immaculate and clean pool- all stunning and worthy of its 4 star status

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tess201080
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel near the mainstreetof taormina. Nice rooms all with seaview
Fresh food in the restaurant
Overwhelming breakfast
Narrow steep road to the parking but one ringtone and someone from the personnel was there to drive the car
We tried the last second deal (fixed price but upgrade by arrival to the highest available level, upgrade for free)

Room Tip: Try the last second deal
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frans b
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at this lovely Hotel in early June. The Hotel is approached by quite a steep lane, but this was not a hardship. The Hotel is spotlessly clean. Each room has a balcony with fabulous views of the bay, and two chairs and a table. There is a mini bar in the room, and tea and coffee making facilities, there were sachets of Nescafe coffee etc but also a price list and coffee with coffee whitener was I think about 2 Euros! The wifi is free but a little hit and miss it was a nuisance having to keep logging in as it had gone off. Also trying to log in late at night was not always possible. The breakfast was adequate with freshly squeezed orange juice and a state of the art coffee machine, I would have liked more of a choice of eggs, freshly fried eggs were available I think twice in the week other than that there were scrambled eggs. The view from the restaurant is fantastic. The pool area is very clean and managed extremely well by the staff. The lunch bar at the pool is also very good. The Staff are extremely nice and couldn't do enough for you, I agree with previous comments, 4 star Hotel with 7 Star Staff! I would recommend this Hotel and would revisit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends