My wife and I have just returned from a week spent at Villa Paradiso Hotel, Taormina, Sicily. Taormina is the most beautiful place but make sure that you take plently of money. You do not eat cheaply in Taormina, but it is a shoppers paradise with every other shop selling, Gucci, Armani, Rolex, etc,etc. Villa Paradiso is an official 4 star hotel, although it felt like a 3 star. Even prior to booking the hotel I suspected this to be the case, and indeed our alternative hotel choice was to be the 5 star San Domenico and which was indeed 5 star. However, our choice of Villa Paradiso was for the view and this was 10 star. The view over Naxos Bay and Etna was best from the top floor restaurant and it certainly redeemed the hotel for any other failings. When we arrived we were booked into a village room on the second floor and which disapointingly looked out onto a blank wall and a small but busy street. We enquired about a front facing room which was available at a modest premium (20 euros extra per day) and this provided the same fantastic view as that from the restaurant. Staff were very good as was the breakfast. In the event that we visited Taormina again, we would certainly book into this same hotel, subject to the availability of a front facing room. NOTE: We were located on level 4 and the room had a full width panoramic window, half of which would slide open. If you fancy a very small balcony go for level 3 but you will sacrifice the panoramic window.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated a few metres from the historical center of Taormina, and a stone's throw from the main street (Corso Umberto) and the Congress Building; the hotel overlooks: The Bay of Naxos, Etna volcano, the public gardens and tennis courts.From 01/06/10 al 15/10/10, a fully equipped beach service is available free at the "Paradise Beach Club" lido in Letojanni (garden overlooking the sea with swimming pool) with a shuttle service at about 10 minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Fastbooking, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Paradiso Hotel Taormina
- Paradiso Hotel Taormina
- Villa Paradiso Taormina
- Hotel Villa Paradiso Taormina, Sicily