This was our second trip to Sicily and to Villa Belvedere. When you repeat and go back to a place that left you with so many wonderful experiences the first time (October, 2011), you wonder if it will be just as good. The Villa did not disappoint. We were warmly greeted more as friends than as customers. This time we went with another couple who had never been to Sicily before and really didn't know what to expect, Both rooms were upgraded and our friends, who vacation in very upmarket hotels and on cruises were greatly impressed and delighted. Both rooms were large with full bath, veranda and seaviiew, bright, cheerful, impeccable and contemporary, but, with a traditional ambience which is true throughout the whole establishment. Our room had an interseting floor plan. It had both a large sleeping area and large bathroom. But, around the corner out of sight of the bedroom was a seperate space with a single bed and it's own nightstand and television. It would be a great room for a family of 3, travelling with a child or teenager who would like the privacy. The breakfast, as before, was excellent.
This time, we only spent 3 nights as we were on our way to a cruise in the Greek Islands. It was my first cruise and I was told I would really love it. OK, I said, but, my price is 3 nights at the Villa and we will see if I like the cruise better than you like the Villa and so the debate went. The cruise was great, but, this was a debate that believe I won, although I won't get an admission from the other side. I think that the lunch of antipasti and a fine Sicilian wine sitting at poolside under a shadetree with a view of the Bay did the trick as did the drinks of Campari, soda and blood orange juice served over ice in a tall glass. For me, it's the signature drink of the Villa.
As I did in the past, I like to put my emphasis on the people of the Villa. I refrain from calling them "staff". They are more like hosts and hostesses of the family estate. Once again, everything was done to perfection. This time we had some reservations made in advance. Reservations for Ristorante Vicolo Stretto, done, no problem. Reservations for a tour of Etna, done, no problem. Everything was done and waiting when we arrived.
There is much more to see in Sicily and I look forward to returning to the Villa with my wiife. Perhaps our friends will join us, in lieu of a cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is a delightful and romantic boutique hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It is an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Hotel Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily