We liked the Villa Belvedere very much. Lying by the lovely pool in the pretty gardens, gazing out to sea was wonderful. But the hotel is in a town so there is some road noise from the buses, trucks and motorbikes (and a very noisy helicopter on two days!) The breakfast is fine and efficiently served and topped up and the location is excellent for access to the main streets.
However our room was a disappointment. We had booked a room with a terrace but on being shown in it was so small that you could hardly walk around the bed. There was certainly very little storage space and nowhere to hang long items at all. I pointed this out when we entered but was told that all the rooms of this category are the same size and that it was an old building so things may vary, which is contradictory in itself. Clearly the rooms are all different having seen the others on our floor and we spoke to other people who were thrilled with their large rooms. We were going to complain again the next morning but the same woman was on duty so decided to stay put as we really didn't want to start our holiday with a row. But it did put a dampener on the stay. We were just unlucky I guess and not assertive enough but sometimes on holiday you dont want to have to fight. We told Antonella this when we left and she was annoyed at what we had been told and understood our feelings completely but of course it was too late to change things. She did say that if we came back we could have the best room! We may well go back and take her up on her promise as it is a lovely place - but not in Room 5.
Incidentally our next hotel on out Sicilian trip gave us an automatic upgrade to the most fabulous room so 'you win some, you lose some'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is a delightful and romantic boutique hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It is an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Hotel Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily