I stayed at the Hotel Villa Belvedere with my husband and 2 young children in June this year. It was in fact the fourth time my husband and I have stayed at this hotel - the first two times, it was just the two of us, 2 years ago we returned with our eldest daughter and this year we were there as a family of four. I've always been reluctant about posting a review about the hotel villa belvedere simply because it's such a find, you don't want to give away one of Taormina's best kept secrets! Whether you are there as a family or as a couple, this hotel really is a little piece of paradise on earth. It doesn't look like much from the main road, but once inside, you're transported to a 19th century villa with views sweeping down to the sea, yet with all the mod cons you’d expect from a modern hotel. Worth paying the extra for a room with the amazing sea views - my favourite are the ones with the romantic Juliette-style balconies. The breakfast is gorgeous - freshly squeezed orange juice, Italian coffee, gorgeous pastries and all the usual continental breakfast options, served in a high-ceilinged room with stunning views. Lunch by the pool with the olive trees bending over to almost tip the water is better than in many of the restaurants in town - try the daily specials, the antipasto buffet or the pasta al belvedere (you won't believe that tomatoes can taste this good!). Staff are exceptionally friendly and courteous, helped us out no end with baby food and bottles and never made us feel like second class citizens for being there with kids (like other places can do). Honestly, I can't recommend it enough. The only possible downsides would be that they don't serve dinner (if you were looking for that - but you've got tons of restaurants on your door step) and parking is sparse, but this place really is a little gem. I'm sure we'll be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is a delightful and romantic boutique hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It is an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Hotel Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily