“A fun day cooking Sicilian style!”
Review of Al Melograno - CLOSED

Al Melograno
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“A fun day cooking Sicilian style!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We attended al Melograno to do a cooking class with Massimo. It began with a visit to the local market where we were given tips on how to look for the freshest produce and an explanation of some special Sicilian fruit and vegetables. Massimo bought fresh fish & seafood and then we headed back to the restaurant. Massimo conducted his class in a fun, hands on way. Once we had finished all our cooking and preparation we where then served our meal. It was all lovely and we also enjoyed lovely Sicilian wines. The cannoli served for dessert was divine. It was a great day.

Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Dinner”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

A couple we met recommended this restaurant to my wife and I and we could not have been happier with our meal. Massimo, the owner and chef, is passionate about his craft. He is an artist. From the stuffed zucchini flower appetizer to the fresh catch of day, this was an amazing dining experience. If I had only one night in Taormina, al Melograno would be my choice of restaurant.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kkmpizzo
Sofia, Bulgaria
“When in Taormina, a must to visit this restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice and enjoyed it two times.

The first time on my arrival I was offered a warming drink as the table needed to be prepared. Very kind of them.
The menu offers different sophisticated dishes at reasonable prices.
I have a cooked fish with other sea products and pasta course. All the disches were excellent.
The same about sorbet - fresh, home-made.
The good variety of wine at good price and the chef is very well-informed and experienced to give you a good solution for chosing wine.
One more plus to add: the chef was veru frank and on my question if the fish is the catch of the day - answered no and explained the reason. Usually all the restauranmt will not admit it.
I absolutely liked Massimo - the owner of the restaurant. A very nice person.
For sure I will come back and advice everybody to visit it.
The atmosphere was nice and pleasant and the additional plus - it is not a touristic place.

Great!

• Visited July 2013
Cheltenham
“Well worth finding”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Recommended by our hotel it looked unpromising from the street but once inside you realised this was a little different. The service was attentive and amusing, and my shrimp risotto was soft and tasty. My husband felt his stuffed courgette flowers had an over prevalence of batter. We shared a grilled sea bream which whilst delicious was a little on the small side for two people. We were given a free pud in a glass and a digestif as well so no complaints on that front! A fitting meal to end our stay in Sicily. A good example of modern Sicilan cooking

Visited June 2013
“Romantic, amazing food with a very nice service!!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We went to this restaurant last night, we had an amazing dinner. And a lovely atmosphere! From our hotel soleado we were given a special price menu!!! Well worth the money and a good choice of set menu!!!

• Visited June 2013