Trip.com
gmmarrese
Boston, Massachusetts

Amazing experience!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Sept 2017
This hotel was so accommodating and had a breathtaking view. My friend and I arrived late from our flight. The man at the front desk, Luigi, took the time to prepare us a meat and cheese platter and a bottle of wine. They were all so helpful with providing taxi's and directions to wherever we needed to go. Waking up to the view of the Mediterranean sea was unreal. I will definitely be coming back. We miss you Luigi!
Date of stay: August 2017
Room Tip: My favorite part about the rooms is the terrace where they provide lounge chairs to sit and...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £85
    £96
Free parking
View more hotels in Taormina
All reviews mount etna lovely hotel amazing views cakes overlooking the sea walk up large terrace cold meats steps town balcony cheese mattresses lido ceramics eruption coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I stayed at the Bel Soggiorno because I wanted a room with a view. Rooms are nice, clean and big. The decoration is unique, it is not a modern hotel, but it is an experience. It is only 5 minutes walk from the city center also 7 minutes away from the tram that takes you down to the beach and to Isola Bella. Breakfast was okay, but the service was excellent. The terrace of my room was beautiful.

Room tip: The suite it is worth the price of the view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel staff all very friendly if you are thinking of booking check which room you have got I thought all rooms looked over the sea from the side or front but we have a room on the back and it's dark and no we're to sit out when you have been out all day
When I asked if I could change the answer was no it would of been nice to have a sun lounger to sit on like all the rest of the rooms

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank traceyanddavid
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My friend and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 3 nights and were pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable and the view was great. Gaby at the Reception was extremely helpful. There was sufficient to eat at breakfast. The only drawbacks were: shower area (although a good shower, there was not enough room. The shower curtain kept sticking to you), the balcony was not private (although we had friendly neighbors) and wifi connection was not that strong.

Although it was at a walking distance (a few stairs depending on how fit you are) to the city center, what surprised me is that if you choose not to take the stairs you had to dodge cars & buses and other vehicles on the road (not fit for pedestrians).

On our last night, we ordered two pizzas and man were they huge!!! We underestimated the delivery time because it was delivered in less than 10 minutes. Gaby did a great job.

Room tip: We stayed at room # 33. You could hear some sound of the noisy road but I suppose you could hear it in all the rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank borgt12
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Just arrived home this morning from a weeks stay, we stayed in room 38 low down apart from the main hotel lovely and private with sun loungers and table/chairs and canopy and lovely and private, no fridge in fact didn't meet anyone who had a fridge am beginning to think it's an urban myth ha ha met people staying in different rooms and nobody had one, it would have been lovely because service at the bar was very sporadic and often we had to hunt round the hotel and go to reception to get someone to get us a drink.
The walk up the steps to breakfast and the road outside does get wearing as the week goes on and I must admit to feeling glad to be coming home as no more steps (tip it's easier to walk up the slope outside the hotel rather than the steps) but the walk to town only takes 15 mins and isn't as bad as we thought there's 55 steps and once you get up them the rest of the walk is fine. Breakfast is lovely as is service and the views and the beautiful dining room made it a lovely experience every morning and it's 8-10am but they will do you an early breakfast if you are going out early on a trip. Check out is 11am despite Thomson telling you it's 10am. If you want a trip to la dolce vita beach it's €8 each for transport (3 times to choose) and you get a welcome drink 2 sun beds and a parasol excellent value sea was choppy and pebbly but there is a shower for cooling down and a lovely beach bar that serves good food. Choice of 3 times for return home 4pm 5pm or 5.30pm highly recommend just book at reception and pay at beach. Rory our Thompson rep was fantastic gave us loads of info and tips, we went on the etna sunset trip (fantastic will do separate review) and the godfather tour great fun again will do separate review. Can highly recommend the Bella Blu restaurant fabulous food and service. Loved the hotel it was a unique stay and the staff were lovely and welcoming and the views were stunning and although rooms look old they are kept lovely and clean and fresh towels every day but I probably wouldn't stay here again because of all the steps and lack of pool. Taormina itself is very hilly and lots of steps generally and the tours involve lots of walking/climbing steps too in fact my legs are aching now I'm home and we're reasonably fit (climbed Ben Nevis last year) so we are used to walking etc but everywhere you go there are steps ha ha that's the only reason I haven't given 5 stars, if you like a mini workout every day on hols then go for it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank DebsnMark1967
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Spent two weeks in this lovely hotel. Staff are lovely and breakfast was better than I expected. Variety offered every day.
Views are amazing.
Some rooms are better than others, did not understand room allocation, we had a balcony room and were staying for 2 weeks, others had less nights and had better rooms with terraces and deckchairs.
Walk to town was better than I expected, the climb was steeped and easily achievable when we paced it.

Room tip: We had 4, not good for long stay
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple