We have just returned from a week at Excelsior Palace. I really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I was worried regarding some of the reports I had read but we had the most pleasant of stays. The hotel is 110 years old and this is reflected in it's decor, but it does not take anything away from the enjoyment of staying here. We loved the old charm. The views from the terrace take your breath away. The gardens and pool are fabulous (although down 90 steps), so a great workout. The location is brilliant just outside the Catania City Gate and extremely close to all amenities. The staff are extremely pleasant and had many fun chats with reception. Just go to this hotel with an open mind, do not expect 'boutique hotel' luxury and you will love it too. We would most definitely stay here again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily