We had a 5 night stay here as part of our 2 week holiday in Sicily.
This hotel seems like a throw-back to the days of the Grand Tour. It occupies a superb position, just off one end of the main street of Taormina (Corso Umberto) and has excellent views of Etna and the bay of Naxos. Indeed the location could hardly be bettered as it was handy for everything but very peaceful.The public rooms are all spacious and elegant. Our bedroom had a balcony with an Etna view- unfortunately the wooden chair I sat on slowly collapsed, much to my wife's amusement and I was not brave enough to try its replacement. The bed was huge and comfy, the bathroom roomy, complete with bath, shower, toilet and bidet. The TV was flat screen with numerous channels, but the very few English speaking ones were news channels, This proved to be the case in each of the 3 hotels we stayed at in Sicily and is a relatively minor quibble as we may as well stay at home if the standard of TV offering is a big issue.
My wife thoroughly enjoyed the pool for its length and setting, but for some it would be sufficient exercise simply getting to it as it's quite a walk (150-200 metres) through the gardens.
Our only meals in the hotel were breakfasts and we thought they were first class, with ample choice of cereal, fruit, meats, cheeses and cakes, though the hot choices were limited to bacon and scrambled eggs. Service was very attentive.
Reception staff were friendly and very helpful and overall this was a very satisfying stay.
I cannot comment on value as there was no price-breakdown of our overall holiday cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily