About 1000ft above the blue sea perched at the top of the town's high street this is an excellent hotel. Taormina doesnt do cars but there are buses and trains and a cable car down to the sea and station.
A long low beautifully furnished hotel from 1904 the front roooms overlook Etna but have no balconies, the back rooms have balconies and sea views, the shorter end facing the sea has larger balconies.
We saw the recent eruption clearly from our room. (We were also on Etna when it occurred)
Small adequate supermarket 50 yds. Excellent shopping. Lots of good restaurants although food in hotel is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily