Pleasant Italian hotel with an excellent attentive staff at the front desk. Location offers promising views of the Mediterranean and delivers the same from many spots on the property. The property is much larger than expected and the extent of its grounds discovered only after some exploring. While an room with the view of the sea may be possible, we didn't ask for one and settled for a seat on the patio near the bar that provided a perfect spot for an evening with friends. In town location guarantees a short walk to its shops and, more importantly, to the impressive Greek theater. Breakfast was well prepared and offered the standard continental selection for a good start to the day. Rooms were clean but threadbare and many didn't measure up to the promise of the building's facade. Most common rooms missed the attention to detail for minor repair and required touch up that would make this hotel much more than it is now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily