We checked in to the hotel on October 7th. It was in the 70's and quite humid. when I went to turn on the AC it didn't work so I called the desk only to be told they shut it down in September but I could have a fan. We had to sleep with the windows open because the room smelled dank. Well there is alot of noise as the hotel faces the autostrada and in spite of it being down below you could hear every truck especially late a night, The mattresses were hard and the bathroom while being modern had a shower that flowed like a drip. Breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. Would I stay there again? Definitely NOT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily