“Service with a scowl”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stopped for a light lunch. Truly miserable waiter and waitress. Should have left then! Drinks and sandwiches "plonked in front of you. Asked if we wne to pay by card to be told very gruffly "no connection" - our reply "no tip". You will be spoilt for choice for lovely little restaurants in Taomina just avoid this one!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We came across this little restaurant after having climbed down from the Santuario Madonna della Rocca. The tables lining the steps down to the Main Street were just too inviting to pass by and we ended up having a light lunch there. The bruschetta was enough for two (5 pieces) and the antipasti platter equally enough to share. Very tasty and fresh.

1  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Came here for an early lunch before we took off for Palermo. The first ominous sign that we should have heeded was the fact that the guy smoking outside the restaurant looked at us funny when we said we wanted lunch. He then pointed to the hostess who sat us down. The second ominous sign: hamburgers and hot dogs next to Sicilian menu items. Oy. My father ordered a veal steak and I a pasta dish with seafood and a Sicilian antipasto to share.
Twenty minutes go by, and nothing. Let me preface what I'm about to say by saying this: we were the ONLY two customers in the damn place. After twenty minutes of nothing, and the hostess running back and forth from the storage area to the kitchen with various ingredients, we saw a dish filled with something sit on the counter. So I figured the hostess or the surly smoking man out front would bring it to us, am I right?
WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
the hostess was too busy yakking it up with the cook, the waitress too busy staring at the nails, the smoking man too busy smoking, for any single one of them to bring the goddamn dish to our table. So our antipasto sat on the counter for another 10 minutes before the hostess brought it over, along with the pasta. I asked her politely if the steak was ready too, and she goes, "steak? What steak?"
oy vey.
Now if the food had been decent. I would have chalked it up to this restaurant having a bad day or something. But no, the pasta with seafood was so bland and fishy at the same time it was almost like being back in Singapore where they have those fermented shrimp blocks. I couldn't keep it down to save my life, but at least the flies around our table were clamoring for stale clams. My dad and I munched on the antipasto, which, incidentally, was the only edible dish (I'm being very generous with the world 'edible' here, btw).
When the steak did arrive another 20 minutes later, I was sure they had made a misteak. It was the size of a frisbee, and tasted like one too. A really chewy, tough leather frisbee. I don't think it was so much veal as old cobbler leather.
I will give them this, though. They were really on point and eager about us paying the bill and getting the hell out of there

Do yourself a favor. Visit the other two hundred amazing restaurants in taormina, and don't come by this place.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Loved the look of this place and called in for a glass of wine but found it lacking atmosphere and the staff seemed indifferent.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed just for few drinks and the cocktails are super..Service is friedley and prices are reasonable.