My wife and I stayed for 2 nighst in early October and were very disappointed
1. Car park is difficult to enter off a very busy road. It is extremely small - you hand your cars keys to a member of staff who then packs your car into the very limited space available.
2. Reception is down an outside flight steep flight of potentally dangerous stairs with no handrails or any other means of support or illumination at night.. When we arrived they were wet and one of our party felt unsafe on them and needed a helping hand down.
3.We had booked rooms 3 months in advance at full price. My wife and I were allocated room 5 which I can only liken to a prison cell. It had one small window which was so high that it could only be opened by standing on a chair. It was impossible to see out of it even when standing on the chair. It had no curtains not that loss of privacy was an issue at that height.
4.The very tired miniscule shower room had no windows or any appaent means of ventilation.
5. My pillow was very lumpy and felt as if it was filled with tennis balls. I didn't discover this until a got into bed so had to get dressed again to go to reception to ask for it to be exchanged and guess what- the hotel had no spare pillows and their solution was to stuff a towell inside the pillow. I would have been out of luck if I had needed two pillows.
6. Bedside light was so dim that it was imppossible to read by it.
7. Ah well they have wifi, lets have a look at that. No - it doesn't extend beyond reception. .
8. Breakfast was minimalist but adequate.
On the plus side apart from the difficulty of entering the car park, the hotel is well positioned close to the beach and a 5 minute walk to the cable car up to the main town.
The staff were very friendly and helpful within their limited resources and have saved this review from giving the hotel 1 star rating.
All in all very dissapointing and poor value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Taormina Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taormina Garden Hotel Sicily