We stayed at the Andromaco Palace in June and enjoyed our stay.
Our room was at the back with a view over the pool. It was a nice large room, spotless and with a nice shady terrace outside.
As mentioned in other reviews, breakfast was nothing to write home about but was no worse than at other small Italian hotels we have stayed at. If breakfast is a big deal for anyone then they'd probably be better off staying at a bigger (and more expensive ?) hotel.
There is no lift at the hotel so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with walking difficulties as there are quite a lot of stairs. It is also a bit of a walk (15 mins in the heat) to the town.
The pool area was very nice and a real suntrap. On the days we were there we were often the only guests round the pool.
The hotel was generally very quiet - there was just a bit of noise one night when some guests arrived late but other than that we slept well each night
All in all we found the hotel to be very comfortable and the staff friendly. Apart from breakfast we didn't eat in the hotel but it was a good base and within fairly easy reach of the town and cable car (for the beach) and the bus station if taking trips further afield.
Taormina is a lovely town and we would consider coming again and would certainly book at the Andromaco if we did
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the east coast of Sicily, the l'Andromao Palace Hotel has a hillside location in the picturesque town of Taormina. The Hotel offers rooms with beautiful view of the sea, easily accessible. The property open all year round and features a charming outdoor swimming pool with sunbeds and beach umbrellas, a bar, elegantly furnished lounges and private parking facilities. Due to its location, the property is the ideal place to discover Sicily's rich cultural and natural heritage. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, all rooms are furnished in a classical style and have private bathroom, hairdryer, TV sat, direct dial Telephone, heating, air conditioning, balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Andromaco Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Andromaco Palace
- Andromaco Palace Taormina
- Andromaco Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily