We stayed here for 7 days and the staff were good. One spoke enough English to get by with and so this was useful when we needed anything/information.
Parking was fine, but tricky to get to by car, probably best leaving hiring of a car until you are leaving Taormina.
Swimming pool was nice, but deep. I could not go in comfortably being 5 foot 2" tall. (shallow end was approx 1.75m deep and deep end 2.5m)
The breakfasts (we stayed bed and breakfast) were poor. Considering the amount of fresh produce available everywhere, the hotel did not have any, apart from tomatoes and a few pears. Rest of breakfast consisted of biscuits and packaged items. It could have been so much better.
The family room we had was a good enough size and was cleaned daily, however the bedsheets in our bedroom were smelly always (sort of smell that occurs when sheets have not been dried properly before storeage) and our bathroom also had a lingering smell which would not go away.
There was a radio in the room which did not work and a TV which did work.
Apart from this a good place to stay within relatively easy reach of Taormina, approx 10-15 minutes walk down hill. Coming back was a lot more difficult due to the hill. At the bottom of the hill there was a lovely pasticcerie called L'amour, where a delicious icecream (or cakes) could be obtained to make the climb back easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the east coast of Sicily, the l'Andromao Palace Hotel has a hillside location in the picturesque town of Taormina. The Hotel offers rooms with beautiful view of the sea, easily accessible. The property open all year round and features a charming outdoor swimming pool with sunbeds and beach umbrellas, a bar, elegantly furnished lounges and private parking facilities. Due to its location, the property is the ideal place to discover Sicily's rich cultural and natural heritage. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, all rooms are furnished in a classical style and have private bathroom, hairdryer, TV sat, direct dial Telephone, heating, air conditioning, balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andromaco Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Andromaco Palace
- Andromaco Palace Taormina
- Andromaco Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily