We have just come back from a week at the Andromaco palace hotel, and we were pleasantly surprised at how clean and friendly this hotel is. The owners English is not too good but that adds to the charm of the holiday. We did feel at first it was a bit of a hike into the town of Taomina but you soon get used to it and it helps to burn off the pasta that you eat.
I am a very poor sleeper and found this hotel quiet both inside and outside with the most annoying thing being the birds chirping in the morning.
The pool is very clean and well kept, there is no pool bar but there is a bar at reception and there always seems to be someone around to get you drinks.
Breakfasts are basic, but that suited us just fine, although we'd love to know what the red liquid we drank every morning was? There was always cereals, tinned peaches, bread rolls, cheese ,cakes, yoghurts and eggs.
I emailed the hotel before we arrived to ask for room 306 or 206, 306 was already promised but they reserved 206 for us and we had a lovely view of the bay and the cable cars.
Please be aware that there is alot of walking involved as there is no parking in Taomina.
We were told to visit Castelmola and it was well worth the drive, we went early eveninng and the views were breathtaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the east coast of Sicily, the l'Andromao Palace Hotel has a hillside location in the picturesque town of Taormina. The Hotel offers rooms with beautiful view of the sea, easily accessible. The property open all year round and features a charming outdoor swimming pool with sunbeds and beach umbrellas, a bar, elegantly furnished lounges and private parking facilities. Due to its location, the property is the ideal place to discover Sicily's rich cultural and natural heritage. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, all rooms are furnished in a classical style and have private bathroom, hairdryer, TV sat, direct dial Telephone, heating, air conditioning, balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Andromaco Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Andromaco Palace
- Andromaco Palace Taormina
- Andromaco Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily