Hotel Baia delle Sirene
US$195
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Paradiso(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$279
  • Breakfast included
Il Piccolo Giardino(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$493
US$430
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscable carreally enjoyed our stay herehotel staffbeautiful gardeneasy accessa sea view roomfirst floorvery nice hotelmin walkyogurtdellasirenalillianabayviewscoastterrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I feel really bad waiting almost an entire year to write this little piece on the Hotel Baia delle Sirene, in Taormina, Sicily. This hotel was really quite the nicest little surprise when the girlfriend and I arrived there in May 2012 (Tripadvisor would not let me choose May 2012 so please note I had to put June 2012).

We kept things simple and got the bus from a one night stopover in the centre of Catania to this amazing part of Sicily.

Once we arrived in Taormina we then had a short walk then a cable car ride down the mountain from the main old town and finally a walk up and then down the coastal road. We eventually stumbled upon a little sign after about 15 minutes walk giving us directions to our own weekend getaway from it all at the Hotel Baia delle Sirene.

Our welcome at the teeny tiny reception was very warm and friendly and once we got through the usual passport stuff we were shown to our room.

My girlfriend who's fab idea it was to getaway in Sicily in the first place had booked a sea view bedroom. You can just imagine when the large shutters to the mini balcony were opened; we had a view to die for over the well-kept almost tropical gardens to the sea. The bedroom was very spacious, clean and modern with an almost a colonial look to it.

The hotel itself is very close to the nearest beach to the left of the hotel, and if you walk through the gardens and down through what looks like a secret passage to the rocks you will most likely find a new platform for sun lounging or taking a dip in the sea. Sadly this was under construction at the time so we could only imagine how cool that was likely to be once complete.

If you do not mind walking a little bit to get to the coastal part of Taormina, and eventually to the cable car that leads the fabulous old town, then this hotel should not pose any issues. However it is a good walk so be prepared. We also found that the best places to go during the day were by foot along the Via Nazionnale heading south (And up a hill) until you get to the Villa Caterina. After this spot you will find all sorts of different and sometimes hidden pathways down to the first bay.

And if you are really very lucky and find the particular pathway down that we found to the sea and the very northern part of this first bay, then you will find at the bottom of this particular winding pathway, a real gem of a seafood restaurant. I am sure I took a business card for it and if I get a chance I will post another review, but let me tell you that the seafood there was some of the very best I have ever eaten.

Anyway getting back to the hotel, the breakfast is of typical continental fair. Everything was very fresh and pleasantly presented and always very filling. The staff in the hotel were all very courteous and friendly, and always helpful. We do not know if evening meals were served so we cannot vouch for that. The hotel is a joy to behold and the gardens are of tropical style which brings out that colonial feeling again.

However I must say that I enjoyed the look and the impression of tranquillity when staying in a sea view room at the Hotel Baia delle Sirene. I cannot really say how this would be with the road side facing rooms, but I continue to this day (Almost exactly a year later) to think about what a fantastic time I had in Taormina and what a wonderful Hotel we got to stay in. The Hotel Baia delle Sirene comes as highly recommended, if not just slightly out of range from Taormina itself.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms a must.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alun3
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We were lucky to stay 7 nights at the Delle Sirene - it is on the sea and away from the bustle of Taormina. However, the walk to the cable car is just 10 minutes from the hotel - the road has no pavement, but we found it to be no problem. The reception, restaurant and cleaning staff were amazing, friendly and helpful. They took the time to advise us about restaurant and the local area, nothing was too much trouble. The driveway is a little tight if you have a big car as we did, but if you take it slowly, you will be fine. Rooms are very comfortable, and towels changed daily. Breakfast was copious and tasty, taken either on the terrace or the restaurant. It is great value for money, and we would definitely recommend it for anyone wanting a quiet get away from the hustle and bustle of Taormina town.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoloTravellerLondon
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Arrived today having paid for 3 nights and am very dissapointed with the basic and rather depressingly dated small rooms for the price. Just left a hotel in Catania where we paid the same for a superior suite! Our room with a view faces a bush and the bathroom is so small its annoying. Although we are near the sea to get to the town,Taoromina, is a walk up a main road to a cable car to get to the main town, 7 euro return journey, hardly handy. Had lunch at the hotel on arrival which was a very limited menu and got a very basic toasted sandwich which cost 5 euro. Very dissapointed in general

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marshall303
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I strayed here for 2 nights recently. Staff is indeed good, so is breakfast, the garden is lovely, free wifi in the room. Especially the ladies at the reception deserve praise, they are very well organised, can advise you properly and, equally important, are very friendly. The trains passing didn't bother me as they only pass occasionaly during the day.

So what are the downsides? First, my room had a very strong cigarette smell, quite unpleasent. Why not just kindly ask guest not to smoke in the room but on the balcony as I think all rooms have balconies. At € 100,- per night for a single room, I think such a strong smell is a shame. Second: parking cost € 5,- per day. Its not that I mind paying for parking, however, i feel they should have mentioned this on their website. Third, my room was ok, but it could use a little update, especially the bathroom.

Room Tip: Request a non smoking room if you are not a smoker!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank esthergoesasia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Nice people, adjacent to the sea, 5 minutes from the centre of Taormina. One thing, you can hear train passing by but if you are a heavy sleeper, I'm sure it won't bother you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple