“Best meal in Sicily”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

RossoDiVino is located in a quiet, but central nook, just around the corner from the busy and touristy pedestrian street. I am a foodie traveller and will go out of my way for a great meal, but this turned out not to be necessary. RossoDiVino had one of those rare menus (written on a chalkboard) where you have a hard time choosing between one gem and another. The lovely waitress, who spoke perfect English, took great pride in the quality of their ingredients, all of which were sourced locally. Even the bread sticks were homemade and tasted wonderful, which really says it all. We were served complimentary bruschetta and olives, all of which were wonderful, and I then had an amazingly simple dish of local, raw shrimps served with fresh mint and pineapple - beautiful and simple. My boyfriend had pasta with squid ink and sea urchin, which was also deceptively simple. There really was nothing to fault at this place, and we were only sorry we did not have time to come back for a second meal.

1  Thank anjo216
Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I work in wine and food so take this review seriously

Amazing staff, Perfect english Spoken.

Food is phenomenal, correctly priced.

They are passionate about wine, they have so much to choose from by the glass, which I personally love.

I ate raw fish and more raw fish and it was wonderful, I ate two nights in row as I did not want to make an error going somewhere else. The menu is varied and there is something for everybody.

Its hidden away, in a delightful little Piazzetta away from casual strollers.

I never imagined I could find a place like this in Taormina. GO!

3  Thank RobertsonTours
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This lovely restaurant was recommended by the owners of a local vineyard. We decided to call in for lunch and were fortunate that there was a table free!
Service was excellent and we were well advised on the size of portions. The menu was presented on a blackboard which must change daily according to fresh produce available.
And the food was excellent! Beautiful antipasti, fresh well prepared vegetables and fish ....and a beautifully prepared, tasty, melt-in-your-mouth fresh fish main course
This was a memorable experience. Be sure to try it yourself!

2  Thank David W
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We loved this place. Great service, great food, great atmosphere. Lovely to watch the chefs at work and a real commitment to the local ingredients and wines.

If you are visiting Taormina, go here.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We ate here when visiting Taormina. The restaurant had been recommended by staff at the hotel we had stayed at earlier in the holiday, which was 2 hours drive away! The staff where we stayed in Taormina ( Hotel Villa Schuler) hadn't heard of this place, their loss! The menu was short but everything sounded wonderful. Yes, it is pricy but not for Taormina and the price reflected the quality. The 2 sisters who run this place are lovely. The food was excellent, as was the service, very friendly and helpful. This restaurant is a wonderful place.

1  Thank Ann T