“A day of fun on the lava”
Review of Etna People

Mount Etna Half-Day Tour
US$81.47*
Small-Group Mount Etna Sunset Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Our association aims to value and promote the knowledge of our environment through excursions, sports and cultural activities, especially in the area of Taormina, Etna and Alcantara Gorges, offering a pick-up service from Taormina. Our members can also join all other tours in schedule and have discounted rates with all the Etna People partners.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I had been recommended this excursion by a friend. It lived up to its billing. Ezio our guide gave us a great day out on the slopes of Mt Etna telling us lots of interesting facts with great enthusiasm and clearly keen to make sure we had a good time. He was attentive to our needs and flexed the day to suit our level of fitness and interest to the extent that we crammed in more than we ever expected in one superb trip.

1  Thank 672Mike

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband, adult son & I were visiting Sicily (Taormina specifically)25th March till 28th March 2014. We wanted a memorable experience and a opportunity to explore Mt Etna. Etna People were recommended to us. We got all that we hoped for & more. Paolo our guide picked us up near our apartment on time and took us on a wonderful adventure. I'm not what you would call in the prime of my life but the challenge was one I will cherish the rest of my life. Paolo's love for Etna was passionate and he was a terrific guide. Always looking after us all, patient & polite. The tour included a lunch at Gambino's winery which blew our minds. Great hosts, delicious food in abundance, & amazing wine. Etna People provided my son, husband & I with an everlasting adventure we will never forget. Wonderful value. Thank you Paolo and Etna People.

1  Thank rovingallover
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'm writing my first-ever Trip Advisor review to rave about our day with Etna People. This was one of the highlights of our trip to Sicily. My friend and I were considering driving out to Etna ourselves, but after a little last-minute online research, I emailed Veronica at Etna People to see if by any chance they could arrange a tour for us for the following day. We heard back from her very promptly and were able to arrange to be pick-uped in Taormina the following morning. Veronica answered all of our questions clearly and quickly.

The next morning, we were picked up by our guide Tony. His English is great, his passion for Mt. Etna is inspiring, and his knowledge about the volcano seemingly inexhaustible. We were a small group--five total--and he regaled us with fascinating facts about Mt. Etna on the drive there. One thing I really liked about Tony is that he didn't "dumb down" his information--he gave us in-depth scientific explanations about the mountain and her many eruptions.

We had let Veronica know in advance that we would like to borrow some of their warm jackets, and they brought these along for us to wear on our hikes, along with hiking boots. It was very cold and windy (late March), and we were grateful for the loaners. The hike over lava flows was informative and exhilarating, and Tony was super friendly as he shared with us his knowledge about the vegetation, wildlife, geology, history, and even mythology related to Mt. Etna. We also had the opportunity to hike into a lave tube--an underground cave nearly 300m long. We felt safe in his capable hands at all times, and by the end of the day, I felt like I'd taken a top-notch class about Mt. Etna.

Meanwhile, the Gambino Winery they took us to for lunch was a very pleasant surprise. They have a huge, modern tasting room overlooking unbelievably scenic vineyards. I had told Veronica when I'd arranged the tour that my friend and I were one vegan and one vegetarian, and so in addition to the big antipasti platter and bread, they had made special side platters of vegetables all ready for us. The wine was delicious and the pours incredibly generous--and then they left the bottles on our table for us to enjoy with our meal! Coming from California, where wine tasting can be a real rip-off--I couldn't have been more impressed by the generous portions and the friendliness of the staff.

Overall, this tour was an unbelievable value for the price. We went to spots on Etna and learned so much that we never would have been able to do on our own. Do yourself a favor, let someone else do the driving, and go have an awesome day with Etna People.

3  Thank lisaf108
EtnaPeople, Responsabile reception at Etna People, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Lisa,

I really don't know how to say thank you for this wonderful review.

It was a real pleasure to organize your excursion!

Friendly regards,

Veronica

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This tour was the highlight of our trip to Sicily. Our guides made us feel right at home! They were very knowledgeable and passionate about Mt. Etna and made the trip really fun for us! They provided trekking boots and helped us in every way. There were only 6 of us on the tour so we really felt like we were just out with friends. They translated everything for us, to make sure none of us, speaking 3 different languages, did not miss a thing.

We hiked on stunning trails, and stopped at local spots. The beauty was amazing and we saw craters and areas we never would have seen any other way. My daughter summed it up on her facebook page " Sicily, I dare you to be more perfect" when she posted the pictures of this day! Thank you Etnapeople and our guides!

1  Thank ginas2014
EtnaPeople, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Etna People, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear customer thank you so much for your comment. It was a pleasure to organize the excursion for you and your daughters.

We hope to see you soon in Taormina

Best regards,

Veronica

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My day tour with Etna People was definitely the highly of my trip to Sicily!! Our passionate guide Tony made the way to Mount Etna feels like a journey into a whole new world!!! It was funny, informative, interesting and at the same time relaxing and lovely all the day long! Our little group was just perfect, and we all had a great time together! I have done tours before with big companies where you get stock into a bus with a lot of people and the guide runs around with you all day making you feel more tired than actually enjoying ... well with Etna People I had exactly the opposite experience (starting by the booking with lovely Veronica!): little groups in adventurous jeeps with a passionate guide that will make your trip feel more like a day out with friends (Not to mention that it all ended up with a delicious wine and Sicilian food degustation)! Thanks Veronica and Tony, for a perfect day!!

1  Thank Nadia H