“Fantastic Holiday We will be back”
Review of Hotel Villa Angela

Hotel Villa Angela
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Good Morning All,
Having spent 2 weeks at Villa Angela we would like to express our sincere thanks to everyone involved with your wonderful hotel,you all made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived.
We found the location idyllic the views of Etna were breath taking whilst having a wonderful sea view. The hotel was kept immaculate at all times by the brilliant house keeping staff, nothing was too much trouble for
any of the staff. The attention to detail was of the highest order,right down to the service provided by the shuttle bus which was of great value after an evening out in Taormina.
We so enjoyed our stay that we will definately be returning to Sicily and will of course be coming to stay with you at Villa Angela.
Once again we would like to thank you all for making our holiday such a memorable one,

Best wishes Gary and Helen Fox

2  Thank garyfirefox

Reviewed 8 August 2011

All the things that other reviewers have said are true- great location, great views, great pool, friendly staff. We spent a really enjoyable week here. The only slight grumble that we had was that my hudsband who is 6'3'' did not fit into either the bed or the shower! The bed had a fixed bedstead at both the ends, and the shower had a fixed head which couldn't be made higher. This did not spoil anything though, and I only mention it because I believe most of the rooms are slightly different so it may be worth asking when booking if they have a room more suitable for a tall person! Another tip would be to ask the hotel to recommend restaurants for you as we did. There are loads of touristy, overpriced ones around but also lots of really good ones. We loved in particular El Saraceno just up the road from the hotel, Licchio's in Taormina and especially Gallo Cedrone in Castelmola which was the most fun place we have ever eaten.

Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We recently spent two nights at this beautiful boutique hotel. We decided to upgrade our room to a junior suite and were thrilled with the room and the view of Mt. Etna. There is a lovely pool with plenty of umbrellas and lounges. We had lunch on the patio overlooking the pool with its spectacular view of Taormina.
When I started to unpack my bag, I realized that I had left four of my blouses on hangers in our previous hotel in a city over three hours away. I contacted the front desk and they called the other hotel for me and found that the blouses were there. I didn't know how I was going to get my clothes but the Villa Angela had a taxi cab driver who was going to Catania Airport within the hour and they made arrangements for that driver to drive the additional two hours back to Siracusa to the hotel to get my clothes. I paid the driver 120 euros to make the trip but it was worth it to me to get my things. I had my blouses back that evening.
The hotel is high up on a hill overlooking Taormina and several people at the hotel walked the stairs down to the town but we opted for the shuttle bus. It was a short ride down the hill and we had a pre arranged time to be picked up in town after dinner. There is a small charge for the shuttle but it is well worth it.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers planning to visit Taormina. It's not in town but the view is spectacular, the rooms are spacious, and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here two nights, July 5th and 6th, prior to boarding a cruise from Catania and we were so pleased with the Villa Angela. We booked and got the Etna suite and it certainly did not disappoint.

We checked in around 8pm after a flight from London and we had the car service they use TCS pick us up. They are great guys and we used them for about 4 trips after our initial pick up..

Check in was very smooth and we were very impressed with the suite. Two bedrooms and both with large balconies directly overlooking Mnt. Etna, the surrounding area as well as the Mediterranean and the coastline. One balcony had loungers and the other had a table and chairs.We sipped champagne from our balcony and watched the view... so enjoyable.

The bathroom had a separate room for a shower and a huge whirlpool tub in the other with a big flat screen tv. We didn't end up eating at the hotel as we slept through breakfast and decided to go into town for dinner. We used the hotel shuttle once and it worked well. Best to make sure you book in advance during busy times.

The pool is a good temperature and we enjoyed a nice swim after a full day of sight seeing.

The artwork and decor around the hotel is very authentic and in keeping with the vicinity. It is such a beautiful spot that we wish we had more time to enjoy the hotel itself. We would definitely stay here again.

You will not be disappointed with the Villa Angela..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 28 July 2011

From the minute we arrived, we felt welcome. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional at all times. Our room was beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel, and the views are breathtaking. Breakfast was delicious and the food at lunch and dInner was wonderful. If you are looking for a place away from the crowds, then this is the place to choose. Although the hotel is slightly outside the town, the shuttle bus service, operated by the hotel for a small fee, facilitates access into the town itself and was excellent. This service was very welcome, particularly in the heat of the day! Reception staff were also more than happy to organise transport for us to visit various beaches around Taormina. If you're looking for a hotel in peaceful, quiet surroundings, but which also has easy access to the 'buzz' of Taormina, then this is the hotel for you!

1  Thank renfrewdm
Reviewed 20 July 2011

You will all be very pleased to know that good old fashioned customer care and attention to making your holiday the best it can be is very much Alive and Kicking. My wife treated me two weeks at the Villa Angela for my 50th birthday; well she had Promised me a miracle and she certainly delivered. My parents were from Sicily so it was only right and fitting that I mark the occasion with a trip there because as my wife puts it; This is your land and All the things she said were true

The hotel is not exactly on the Water Front and Taormina can be a bit of Oh jungle land, but…….
from the very moment you enter the Villa Angela you will be Hypnotised with the beauty of the hotel, the resort and the spectacular views, at night you can certainly See the Lights. The atmosphere and feeling of total relaxation at the Villa Angela allows you to Sanctify yourself

The Villa Angela also has a Glittering prize. The staff there are amazing, forget all this nonsense about their names being too numerous to mention all I know each and every one of them made us feel like the rock star that the owner of this fine hotel is.
So Charlie, Katherine, Adda, Mario, Clara Alesandro, Walter, Santina, Elisa, Natasia, Walterino and Salvo We thank you all from the very bottom of our hearts. How often have you come away from a hotel and personally invited each and every member of the staff to your home? I hope I have spelt all of their names correctly because these people are just something else. I would imagine that you are probably reading these reports with a view to possibly staying at this hotel for some well earned R and R, well do it I promise you will be so, so happy that you did.

Villa Angela all I can ask is Don’t you forget about me because I certainly won’t forget about you!

Antony & Maria

13  Thank thegel6ster
Reviewed 17 July 2011

From the moment we arrived the staff at this Hotel went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Everyone from the maids to the managers were excellent. A special mention to Catherine who organised a trip to a vineyard for us . The location of the hotel couldn't be better. It is built into the side of a hill so every room had a spectacular view of Etna. The terraces are huge and it was lovely to sit there in the evening just watching the sun set over Etna

• Stayed: July 2011