“Best Ever”
Review of Hotel Villa Angela

Hotel Villa Angela
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of June this year. On arrival we were greeted by James, and Catherine, who gave us the best welcome, and instant feeling of relaxation. The room was fantastic, with the view of Etna. The hotel was just as described by marketing, and the previous reviews on this site regarding the excellence of the venue, staff etc we're spot on. The hotel and room was spotless, and the staff are constantly working away. The hotel shuttle was superb. The breakfast fab. The bar, even better! The attention to detail of the decor was stunning. The location and views were spectacular. It's certainly not a complaint, but beware the pool, is on the cool side, but once your in, it's OK (haha)!
If you do stay here and don't want to go back into town to eat. There is a wonderful restuarant, about 10 mins up the hill called AL SARACENO. Which does the best traditional food, at a reasonable price, with a terrace, and outstanding views. We have travelled a bit over the years to various destinations, and we can honestly say this was one of our best holidays. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future, and wish ALL the staff continued success with their dedication to their roles. Thank you all at VILLA ANGELA.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andyrick1
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Angela

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 week in May to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary,could not fault anything, the views were breathtaking and the staff were brilliant, the view from our room was fantastic, would not hesitate to return to this charming hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T_WILLSWales
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just back from our stay at the stunning Villa Angela in the equally stunning Taormina. There's not much to add to the reviews already posted other than to say that this is simply a great hotel in perhaps the best location I have had the privilege to stay in.
The Staff here are amongst the best that you will find anywhere. Special thanks to Sam, James, Clara, Walter, Ada and Andrea for making our holiday very special and one that we will never forget.
Make sure you take advantage of the shuttle bus as walking down the steps to Taormina is much easier than walking up, visit Saraceno restaurant located 5 minutes up the hill from Villa Angela and make sure that you stop off at the marvellous Re di Bastoni bar in Corsa Umberto for the cheapest beer in town and by far the best Bruschetta.
Other that that you really won't want to leave this magical hotel In this magical place. Enjoy

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ash51
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A charming beautiful hotel with a breathtaking view and excellent service!
Inside the hotel is cool and comfortable with rooms to sit and read on the terrace or a quiet bar area where you can relax at the end of the day. The rooms are individualized (the floor names as well), well furnished, cozy and cleaned everyday.The breakfast was delightful with the fresh seasonal vegetables (asparagus, artichokes, paprika, etc.) and the freshly baked croisants are something to die for:)
I would highly recommend this hotel and say many thanks for Katharine for her great assistance!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JurgaZ0
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic two week holiday made all the more special by our choice of hotel.
The first word that springs to mind is location, or friendly, or any number glowing descriptions. Not only is it in a perfect position on the hillside overlooking Taormina with splendid views of Etna and the coastline but the moment you arrive you are aware of a great atmosphere and warm welcome from a team of staff that instantly become your friends.
My wife and I are not know for returning to holiday locations as there are still places we need to discover but if we did this hotel would be at the top of the list.
The reviews that helped us choose this hotel are all spot on so trust me look no further.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank keithrawplug
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our second stay in this hotel. I promised the employees at the front desk that we would write up a nice review 4 years ago when we first stayed there. How quickly we forget to go out of our way when things go good. But when things go bad everyone jumps on the computer as soon as they unpack. Well of course I did it again. I was too lazy to write my review. We stayed again last year June 2013, It was just as great as the first time. My two daughters were pampered like they were in a spa. You enter the property and you are introduced to a beautiful view of Mount Etna and it is absolutely breathtaking. We are not well off but the extra money to stay here per night was absolutely well worth it. You would pay someone to bring you up to this beautiful view as an excursion and it would cost you a lot more. You walk into this beautiful Lobby an you are greeted by the friendly staff. You're a family to them. Ask them to make you an espresso and they will jump out of their chair. Charlie was at the front desk the first time we stayed. Yes Charlie, LOL. I laughed when he said his name was Charlie. He will spend as much time as you need talking to you about Taormina. I believe last year it was Mario who helped us. The same with Mario. He is very Friendly. There was another woman also that was extremely friendly and I'm sorry I forgot her name. They all speak English like a first language. Also Katherine who helped us book the room both times was very friendly and very helpful! We only stayed one night this time but we took full advantage of the premises. We stayed in the Etna Suite. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 Balconies facing Mount Etna. It's Stunning! You won't want to leave the property. There are views from the pool on a cliff!
The restaurant is excellent and it's not too pricy. Lunch prices are also very reasonable. If the Taormina town wasn't so beautiful you would never leave this place. But you have to because you must see everything in Taormina. It is a paradise. The Hotel staff as I said before will make you feel like you are part of their Italian Family. I saw the owner the Lobby eves dropping on my conversation with Charlie. He overhead me asking for their names and I could see he was concerned at first because he heard me say something about TripAdvisor. But I saw him smile as I was thanking everyone for a great stay. And now it's almost a year since our last stay and 4 years from our first. I think we owe them a great praise. We are from New York so it's very expensive for us 4 to fly to Italy. But we will be back in a few years!

Room Tip: Ask for the Mount Etna Suite if you have more than 2 people.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is my 4th visit at VA. I have stayed in various rooms; all have at least a shower for the smaller rooms, and both bath & shower for the larger rooms and suites. There is also a brand new shower by the swimming pool, ideal after a day in the sun.
- breakfast is served as a buffet. A large selection of food is available, from hot to cold. In Sicily, roasted veg can either be consumed cold or at room temperature. For those who prefer breakfasting in a more "Anglo-Saxon" way, the staff is more than willing to cook "hot" food on demand. I personally eat eggs served from the buffet, they are always, without fail perfectly cooked, and warm.

- the dining-room/ terrace is a large room. The kitchen is adjacent to one end of it. I suffer from tinnitus in both ears that greatly exposes me to any form of loud noise and high sound volume; as a result I sit at the kitchen end where it's quieter, away from the usual chatter noise that can occur by group members staying at this time of year.

- the staff is very professional and always attentive to the diners' minute desires. They often go the extra mile to meet our needs. Not many hotels do that. Their diligence is truly commendable. And if they sometimes do have a laugh, I have never felt that their service suffered from it. On the contrary, it all contributes to the warm & relax atmosphere that Villa Angela is striving to deliver. Perhaps, some people would rather prefer a more rigid and aloof environment where little verbal contact between staff and guest is of the essence, i.e. the San Domenico, or the Timéo. At these you get an extra star, but the silence comes at a premium. Personal choice certainly, but it all comes down to what we value most. As far as I am concerned the fifth star at VA is its staff who make my stays unforgettable time and time again. No hype here.
Christine