“What have we booked !!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Arianna

Villa Arianna
Ranked #28 of 114 Taormina B&B and Inns
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
“What have we booked !!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I both needed break from the stressful UK, we love Italy so having read the reviews and looked at the Villa Arianna website, we booked a 2 weeks stay in June ……. resulting in one of the best holidays we’ve had. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left Salvo & Pia could not do enough for us, they are a truly fabulous couple who pride themselves on making your stay extraordinary.

Every morning they would arrive with the most amazing breakfast that was served on the large private terrace with a panoramic view of Mazzaro Bay, which for us was a very special way to start the day and not to be rushed. Salvo always asked if we needed anything else and nothing was too much trouble to provide.

The room was of a very high standard and ornate traditional Sicilian features with everything you need, also spotlessly clean, and definitely lives up to your expectations from all the photo’s you can see online. The air-conditioning was brilliant, as was the large satellite tv, all combining with the romantic lighting to provide a wonderful room.

Salvo is fully of useful information and was prepared to go out of his way to book a special excursion to Mount Etna also getting us a discount.

The location is excellent just across the road from Mazzaro beach and round the corner from the funicular, which takes you up to the town centre high above in a couple of minutes, although Salvo showed us an alternative footpath to walk off that breakfast !!!

We would give it 10 out of 10 and have no hesitation in going back again, which we are looking to do in 2014, a truly wonderful B&B and far better than the stereotype hotels in the area.
Marion and Peter

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent with many traditional features, we would however recommend bedrooms 2 "...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

8 Thank MarionF570

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Villa Arianna is very well positioned at Mazzaro beach and also well connected to the cable to reach Taormina in only 3 minutes!! It is just ideal. The rooms face the gorgeous Mazzaro bay and the view is extraordinary.

The owners are very welcoming and warm people. I can definitely say that our staying was over my expectations. I highly recommend it.

Alessandra and N.

Room Tip: Room with the view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

7 Thank Alessandra P
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have stayed in 5* hotels all my life & was looking for something a little less as a get-away & was close at hand for my cousin's wedding. I stumbled upon Villa Arianna & thought it looked just lovely on the internet so I booked it & away I went.
Firstly, I was met by two of the loveliest people I've ever met. The owners of Villa Arianna were so enthusiastic to meet me when I arrived & could not have been more helpful at ANY point throughout my stay.
The room was IMMACULATE & originally I had not booked a room with a balcony but as there were other guests who had decided they couldn't make it, they suggested I have their room, FREE OF CHARGE, which was a very large room, had a very large balcony & an INCREDIBLE view of the sea, beach & Isole Bella. Literally dumbfounded, the room was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, had an extremely comfortable bed, mini fridge so I could keep plenty of liquids as it was beautiful weather, and to add to the luxury of it, I was brought my breakfast every day so I could have it on the balcony in the sunshine!!
It was idyllic. I was extremely sad to leave. If you have a stressed-out busy life I would definitely suggest sleeping with the balcony door open because being right next to the sea & hearing the waves lapping the shore as I drifted off to sleep was magnificent.
Right next to a shop, the cable car to get into town & the bus station if you're going on any trips to Etna or Palermo etc, a trip & fall from the beach, fantastic views (I cannot stress this enough) & with such genuinely LOVELY people running the Villa Arianna, I would honestly never stay anywhere else in Sicily for any price. It was just perfect.

Thank you both very much for making my stay so fantastic & my apologies my review took me so long to get written!! I hope to stay with you again in the coming years.

Room Tip: If you stay here you HAVE to go for a room with a balcony. The view absolutely made my holiday!! I...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

10 Thank jenny_pirie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

What a great spot this B&B is! We stayed at villa Arianna 5 nights, had a lovely room with great big terrace with a magnificent view of the Mazzaro beach bay. The villa is only 5 minutes walk from the beach and there is an option for free private parking, which is really short in the busy narrow streets of the resort. The hotel is also only 2 minutes walk to from the cable car - which you need to use to get to Taormina. Our room was stylishly furnished, very clean with fridge and satellite tv, and air conditioning of course! The breakfast was great – served on the sun submerged terrace at time we chose to have it. The hosts - Salvo and Pia are fantastic – really warm and welcoming, gave us a lot of advice about the sights of Taormina and the surrounding area, the best way to get to them and the best time of the day to takes photos! We were also treated to complementary fresh fruit every day. Both Pia and Salvo look after us so well - we'd certainly look for an opportunity to return to Villa Arianna and Taormina!

Would recommend it highly!
Mimi

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eagles room - it had an amazing view of Mazzaro beach!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank mimimou22
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We loved it!! Salvo and Pia were the kindest and most helpful hotel owners, offering tips for our stay, ideas what to do, writing us down driving directions, showing great care for their hotel and always with a big smile! The hotel itself has an amazing view over the gulf of Mazzaro and the Isola Bella, with the beach only some minutes away by foot.

The cable car to Taormina's centre is also just a couple of minutes' walk, and it's great being in Mazzaro because it's much calmer. We loved having breakfast on our large balcony, enjoying the warm, morning sun and the view. Whether using Villa Arianna's breakfast offer (Salvo and Pia bring it themselves to your room, if you wish), or the faster solution of shopping some stuff from the store next to the hotel, as we did on the days we wanted to leave early.

We wish we can return soon to Sicily, and stay again in Villa Arianna!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

6 Thank OlgaMo
canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

yes-this was really over the top italian decor- but sooo clean. the view was amazing and although there was no breakfast it was not a problem.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank babyboomercanberra
new york city, n
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

I cannot say enough good things about this B&B....and what a value. Out host, Salvos, was most gracious and very detailed as you learned from the room itself. When we first arrived (just around the corner from the cable car which is a minute walk from the bus station), we rang the doorbell and Salvos was there ready to carry our luggage up the 1st flight of stairs. There is an elevator made for 2 at the 2nd floor. As he sent us to the 3rd floor on the elevator, he walked the next flight of stairs to meet us at our most unique room were we were provided a map and all the information we needed. Salvos recommended lovely walks, restaurants, and sights not to miss. He even loaned his umbrella and apologized that his personal umprellas was tiny....he then bought a huge umbrella for us.
Now for the Lion's room which is everything promised on the website and much more...You just have to see it to believe it. The porthole, which is not mentioned on the website, is positioned perfect for staying in bed and watching the beautiful sunrise. Ingenious. Of course, you could close the porthole off if desired. We chose to have the breakfast which was delivered to our very large and private terrace promptly at 9:30 a.m. (our chosen time) by Salvos and his wife. Breakfast was definitely worth the 5 euro each and just enough to get you started. Imagine having breakfast served to your terrace each morning as you overlook the beautiful Taormina Bay. We left our balcony door open at night to hear the wonderful sounds of the Mediterranean. Wish I was there again.
The trip to taormina is so easy with the cable car so close (3.50 euro round trip). Staying on the bay was more quiet and quaint. I recommend this B&B to all and would definitely stay there again.
I

• Liked — Everything...our host, the location, the room, the view, the breakfast on the terrace,
  • Disliked — The towels
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple