Having just got back from a 10 day holiday staying at Residence Terra Rossa, I have to say it was a really lovely and beautiful experience. We were staying in an apartment (no. 16) which had the most incredible views of Isola Bella, and the sea itself more generally, along with a little covered patio area outside our door. Our room was a fantastic size, with a cute/quaint little kitchen, the perfect size for the two of us.
Yes, people will always complain about the stairs up to down or down to Isola Bella, but the fact is that Taormina is situated on the side of a big hill, so regardless of where you stay, unless you just spend the whole time either at the bottom or at the top, you will have to climb stairs at some point during your stay. We came prepared and brought trainers with us, which made the climb up and down to town much easier - the walk only takes about 10-15 minutes, and always has fantastic views.
The pool area was lovely, again with incredible views, lovely plants, and a nice little shady area in case it gets too hot in the summer sun. My only slight niggle would be the loungers by the pool, they're not made for lying on your front - but you can lie on the ledges around the side on your front so this really isn't an issue.
The plants, trees and shrubbery on the grounds of Terra Rossa are truly gorgeous, and whoever maintains it does the most fantastic job! There's always lots to see and discover, from lizards to bees and little birds, and little seating areas dotted around so you can enjoy a nice glass of wine or your dinner with some views.
Everyone that worked at Terra Rossa was super friendly and accommodating, always willing to give recommendations and advice on what to do and see. In particular, Costanza was so helpful, friendly and always went the extra mile. She gave fantastic tips on some beach clubs to visit and trips to take, and always remembered what we'd been doing in the day and asked how our day had been.
I would absolutely recommend this beautiful place to anyone, and hope one day we will visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Terra Rossa's studio apartments are situated in a typical mediterranean garden. The pool with solarium has a wonderful sea-view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Residence Terra Rossa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Terra Rossa Hotel Taormina
- Residence Terra Rossa Taormina, Sicily