Pros: What a place. It is the hostess’ generational family home and is a virtual 18th-19th century museum, with art and statuary everywhere. Although she spoke little English, she took us on a grand tour and we communicated fairly well. We were on the second floor, in a big suite with sitting area, all antique furniture, and have a large terrace that looks over the garden and on to Mt Etna. Very quiet. We walked to the waterfront and all the restaurants in about 15 minutes. Parking on site inside the wall of their villa. Small refrigerator in room. Excellent breakfast on the terrazzo. Very convenient to drive to Taormina for the day.
Cons: No restaurant close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in a typical Sicilian Baroque style, this 18th-century villa has completely been restored, with the greatest care and attention being paid to the finest details. The villa has a spacious garden (2000 square metres), embellished with a large Caltagirone vase collection with several cacti-plants, which the hostess takes care of. There are corners in the shade of pines, eucalypti and citrus-groves in which you can enjoy a relaxing moment and dedicate yourself to reading your favourite books. Furnished with antiques, the villa, formerly the Domenicians' summer residence, is now an elegant and spacious place to spend a relaxing Mediterranean break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Chiarenza Maison d'Hotes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Chiarenza Maison d`Hotes Hotel Taormina
- Villa Chiarenza Maison D'Hotes Taormina, Sicily