“Feels as if you've Moved to Italy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Enthusiastic Traveler One Day Tours

The Enthusiastic Traveler One Day Tours
Ranked #157 of 808 Tours in Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: My passion for Italy inspired me to live here.My discoveries inspired me to share.The landscape of each region, typical and special foods, small wine productons, the cast of special Italian characters, and beautiful architecture affect me in the same way I hope to affect you, Perhaps even to change and re-invigorate you, and give you a new perspective about life. To approach it in a new and different way. The Italian way!
Kent, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Feels as if you've Moved to Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

You almost can't put your experiences into words! The people you meet, the sights you experience, the food you eat, the cooking techniques and recipes from the classes, the food you eat, Doumina and her team are excellent - did I mention the food? Mangia Mangia Mangia! By the end you do not want to leave! You absorb the lifestyle... food made from scratch, walking through the countryside, towns & villages - saying grazie, prego, buongiorno, bene, sera and having almost every Italian you cross paths with acknowledge you with a smile! It's Perfect!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank KatieLovesItalia

Coupeville, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I am still pinching myself after returning from a most magnificent Italian holiday with my parents.
Our trip was arranged under the expert care of Doumina at The Enthusiastic Traveler. She went above and beyond to ensure our italian experience was the utmost in travel ease and bliss.
We enjoyed the immersion into the local italian countryside at Parco Fiorito in Cortona. We experienced an incredibly informative and fun cooking class, olive oil pressing, girl's night out in Cortona, delicious meals and plenty of vino!
I had so much fun in Cortona with Doumina, that I completely forgot and left two prints I had purchased at Il Pozzo--one of the most charming shops (with an Etruscan well, and an equally charming shop owner, Ivan), in Cortona.----Doumina took care of that too. She shipped the prints practically to my door step. What a gem she is!
Doumina arranged day tours for us in Assisi and Cortona, as well as New Year's Eve Jazz performances at the Umbria Jazz Festival in Orvieto. Our guides Stefania and Marco saw to it that our experiences well exceeded our expectations. They both are so wise and knowledgable, and their verve and pride in their beautiful Italia was infectious!!!
I would jump at any opportunity to travel under the care and guidance of The Enthusiastic Traveler!
I look forward to future travel with Doumina's expertise.
Thanks a million!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank BethFrenchSirlin
Marysville, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Enthusiastic Traveler is fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Such a marvelous time we had touring Italy knowing that all of our accommodations were taken care of without a worry from us. Our trip to Rome, Florence, the jazz festival on New Year's Eve in Orvieto, Cortona and Sorrento was fabulous thanks to Doumina. We had a delightful tour of Assisi with Marco and Stefania was so knowledgeable. Doumina and Stefania are our new best friends whom we cherish so much. Grazie, Grazie for a wonderful trip!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mary F
“Professional and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Doumina Whyman and her able guiding professionals - Stefania Meloi (Cortona, Siena) Gabriella Cavalieri (Rome), Marco ( Firenze) and our driver Fabio who always has a smile on his face, certainly made our party of 8 winter of 2012 trip most enjoyable.

Although this is not our first (nor last I hope) trip to these favorite European destinations, we wanted to take our daughter, son and their spouses who have not been to Cortona for the hospitality of Roberto Russo ( Relais Parco Fiorito - wonderful Agri-tourismo in Cortona) and his recommendation of Doumina's arrangement for the tour.
Also our friends Mr. and Mrs. Sellon who are world travelers and truly enjoyed the trip.

The planning was impeccable, the attention to details made this trip so much more enjoyable - I highly recommend the Enthusiastic Traveler to anybody who likes to be pampered by a professional tour guide company that you have no worries.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bertha L
Olalla, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Enthusiastic Traveler is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had an incredible eight days in Tuscany and Doumina took care of everything from travel arrangements before the tour to helping us with reservations for an extended stay after. The group size was small so you get to experience Italy without the 'tour group' feel. You will love the food, sights, wine and company. If you want to get the real feel of Italy and let some else do all the work while you just enjoy the time, you have to go with The Enthusiastic Traveler. Best travel decision we have made.

Visited October 2013