My husband and I spent almost a week at Casa Chilenne last May. We used it as a base for our exploration of northern Umbria, during our 3 weeks in Italy. Despite the long flights of stairs (there is a chair lift if you want) we absolutely loved this B&B. First, Jeanette really makes you feel at home -- like you were her long-lost cousin who dropped into her world. She is full of great tips on where to go and what to do, without ever being too pushy. Her breakfasts are great -- eggs, breakfast meats, fresh breads and scrumptious pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereals, and really great capucchino. We had the very top floor room, which meant we had our own little world. The bathroom was one of the biggest bathrooms we have ever had in Italy. The lighting was excellent, the ventilation was good (a window and a fan), the fixtures and water pressure were modern, clean and strong. Plus we had storage space, which is always hard to find in bathrooms. The bed was basic, but comfortable. We had a tiny balcony, which we could dry clothes on and look out over the rooftops. The room was incredibly clean (tile floors help with that) and provided everything we needed for a several day stay.
Wehn you step out the door of Casa Chilenne, you are in the middle of everything in Cortona. Although the town can get touristy during the day, at night it is magical. Things slow down, the pace and the people seem to relax, and the views over the Umbrian plain are absolutely breathtaking. We took two day trips to other towns and the roads up to Cortona and throughout the plain are easy to follow and relatively well-maintained. The heart of Cortona is such a central location for so many sites while being full of treasures itself -- and relatively inexpensive versus other nearby hill towns. I highly recommend the archaeological museum and the Medici fortress which also houses very interesting multi-media exhibits on the history and culture of the area. We hiked up to the fortress one morning and ended up spending most of the day there (along with a side trip to the Church of Santa Marguerita.
I just love Cortona and Casa Chilenne made it extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Chilenne B&B is located in a newly restored historic building. We offer 5 rooms with private bath, air conditioning, mini bar, Satellite TV, safes, telephone , hair dryers, free WiFi and LAN cable connection to ADSL internet service. Buffet Breakfast is served daily in our private onsite breakfast room- maid service is provided daily. Our rooms are located on 3 floors and we have fit our stairs with 4 chairlifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Casa Chilenne B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Chilenne Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Chilenne Hotel Cortona