“Wonderful Meal!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We loved this place! My husband still raves about the veal steak he had. He says it is the best he's ever had, bar none! I have to agree, that it was delicious. I had the tagliata with truffles - wonderful. I would highly recommend thi restaurant and will visit again when in Cortona.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Locally owned, incredibly warm and wonderful people. And the best truffle pasta dish I have ever had! Fine local Sangiovesa too. Reasonable prices. Lots of locals here, a good sign. Wish I could import this dish to the USA!

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Nice trattoria, we had a nice platter of cured ham, bruschetta, gnocchi and fresh truffle spaghetti. The wine recommendations were very nice so overall a good experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is the only negative review I've given any restaurant in Cortona. It was, by far, the worst meal I've eaten in my three weeks in Cortona. My primi, a gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce, was almost inedible. The potato dumplings were heavy, starchy. The sauce was so thick and pasty I couldn't finish the dish. I ordered veal escallop which was bland and the serving size meager. A side of roast potatoes was greasy. The waiter was very friendly, but the restaurant was crowded and he was overworked. The atmosphere is good and the location just off the Piazza Repubblica couldn't be better, but I won't return and cannot recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I am female and wanted to go out for dinner on my own, La Grotta was perfect. The waiters are unfailingly friendly, the food is first class and all for a reasonable price