Locanda del Molino
Villa Marsili(Cortona)
US$381
US$354
  • Breakfast included
Borgo il Melone(Cortona)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$111
Great 4.5/5
Hotel San Luca(Cortona)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$79
Very Good 4/5
US$260
US$253
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Relais La Corte dei Papi(La Dogana)(Great Value!)
US$384
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I live part time in the U.S. but have a vacation home in Northern Italy. For weekends I like to to explore Tuscany and it's vast wine resources. This hotel/borgo is a wonderful setting. It is close to all major wine estates, a short beautiful drive to every town you would want to visit. The staff are quite helpful and will assist with planning day trips. It is an ideal place to relax by the pool overlooking the hills of Tuscany and just sipping a glass of wine at the end of the day. Warning, try to arrive during the day, the estate, though huge, is not easy to find at night as the signage is minimal. Unlike many hotel restaurants, do not miss this one, it is wonderful. You do not need to leave the property for a wonderful dinner.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My Mother and I recently visited Cortona on a tour with Ambassadair. We did not stay at the hotel, but I will be back to do so. Our group of 15 had a cooking lesson with Chef Richard Titi and his assistant Sarafina at the IL Falcontere restaurant located in the hotel. I will say the experience was the highlight of our trip. We drank wine and made from scratch, mushroom and onion puff pastry, Pici with traditional duck sauce, veal medallions stuffed with black olives, home made pasta, and the most delicious Tiramisu that I have ever eaten. If you are ever in the Cortona area, you owe it to yourself to stay at the beautiful inn and learn to make a delicious Tuscan meal, all while enjoying the company of your friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Indygal8
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My husband and I with family members did not stay at Locanda del Molino, but we did eat at their restaurant and it was delicious. Started with zuchhini flowers stuffed with ricotta and basil, deelish, gnudi with pesto and osso bucco. My whole dinner was delicious and the rest of my family also gave rave reviews. Entree's included a pork and sausage spedini with a grape sauce, rabbit stew, papparadelle with wild boar sauce; all were divine. Would definately go back and much cheaper than la Buccacia in Cortona and just as good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My partner and I stayed at Locanda del Molino for 5 nights in August after a recommendation from a friend. We are so glad we did as we had the best time! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and it felt like staying with family. We were caught in a 45 degree heat wave and very much enjoyed the use of the pool. The hotel is in a great location to explore all the towns of Tuscany and Umbria. Make sure to eat at the restaurant as the food was incredible! We also spent the day at their sister hotel, Il Falconiere, using their beautiful pool and getting massages at the spa. It was heaven! Thank you to Stefano and all the amazing staff for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and I went to Italy for our honeymoon, and we had a few days in Tuscany. We stayed in the Locanda del Molino for 2 nights, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was by far our favorite place of the 4 places we stayed at during our trip. The food was also excellent and was some of the best food we had in all of Italy. The room we had was the end room (I think room 9), and it was absolutely beautiful, comfy, and romantic with a great bathroom and big tub. It was the best room we had in all of Italy. The only small complaint I would have is you could clearly hear cars as they drove by at night, but there were not that many, and it doesn't change how I feel about this place. They also had a great pool, but we did not have time to swim there. The location is also perfect if you are looking to go to Cortona because it was only about 10 minutes away. The location is also not far away from Rome (which is where we drove from). Unfortunately I didn't get the name of the really nice man who checked us in and served us our dinner, but he was extremely nice, helpful, and very attentive. If we ever go back to Tuscany, we would DEFINITELY go back to this place, and we would stay longer.

Room Tip: Room 9 was really romantic and had a great bathtub
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple