“Great Service, Wonderful Pool & Staff”
Review of Seven

Seven
Ranked #18 of 43 Cortona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We found 7 resort to be the perfect choice for our visit to Cortona. A wonderful layout with an Olympic size pool and grounds. The restaurant and staff go out of their way to make sure guests have everything they need. We arrived late in the evening our first night, and the staff actually stayed up past midnight waiting for our secure arrival! GianMario and his staff provided excellent winery recommendations. The short drive up to the walled city of Cortona is the perfect balance while still enjoying the more open space layout of 7 resort with a great onsite restaurant with wonderful food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xjensen

Reviewed 1 August 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 July 2012

3 miles from the city ctr.Seven Resort, has 15 rooms & adding 30 more soon.A very good value for guests ,who have a car. You can do The Whole Tuscany thing, Assisi, Perugia, Montepultiano , Piensa, Castello de Lago with this as your base.The key is the Customer Centered Culture of the staff in this Place. You ask it .?? They will deliver. Directions, maps,dining tips...These folks ,want you to really have a good time.!!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor have a small fridge & a kitchenet, great for a night cap or a Full ..Mug of C...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed for a week in April 2012. Good easy parking with a quiet location on the edge of the countryside. Reception was great - very friendly, helpful and informative. Excellent sized comfortable room with a useful "kitchen wardrobe" and very clean. Being really niggly the TV could have been better and better positioned. Good breakfast served by a really nice waiter. No bar/restaurant (perhaps in summer when the pool opens?) so not able to get a coffee/drink apart from DIY in the room. Very well situated for Cortona and getting about generally - the train station to Florence and Arezzo is only 5 mins by car. Development of the resort is on hold so no building site problems. Overall good accommodation with very helpful staff at a good price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deben42
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here for three nights while visiting Cortona, and I was happy with our accommodations. Evelyn, at the front desk, could not have been more pleasant or helpful when giving advice on train schedules, directions, places to eat, or any other question asked of her. The manager was quite helpful, too. The room was spacious, if not a bit sparse in decoration, and had a small kitchen. (If planning on using the kitchen to prepare meals, you may want to check kitchen supplies. We had some dishes and glasses, but no forks, knives or spoons whatsoever. As we weren't planning on cooking there, it really wasn't an issue). The breakfast, which was included in our room, was enough to hold us until lunch. Nothing special, but adequate. Wait staff was very good. The hotel is located a short drive from the ancient walled city of Cortona--maybe a 10 minute ride, which was very convenient. Also, only a short drive to the train station, grocery store and gas stations. All in all, a good value and good location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The location of Seven Cortona was a bit difficult to find -- the GPS map was wrong, and when we found the signs, it was still hard to figure out where they were directing us. But that little trouble was completely worth it when we found the resort.

Our suite was on a front corner of the main building, well appointed, and with many large windows that opened to the beautiful weather of late September. Everything was included to make even a long-term stay very comfortable, including cooking implements and dishes. It was unfortunate that we were only staying for a single night.

We received exemplary service from the two gentlemen working there (one of which may have been the owner), including a wonderful restaurant recommendation and assistance with dinner reservations.

There was construction going on for an apparent significant expansion to the property. Had we intended to spend more time at the resort itself, the construction noise might have been a bit bothersome. I have a feeling that the very low price I paid for the suite may have reflected this construction, and I would expect to pay more on a future reservation. My only other complaint is regarding the included breakfast, which was a little disappointing, given our other Tuscan experiences.

Free wireless Internet was available (which we found rare during our trip), as well as a Skype phone in the lobby, free to use for international calling.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Usually the old adage, "you get what you pay for" is true, so my expectations of this hotel were not very high, as it was pretty cheap. But in this case, I feel I got so much more than what I paid for. I honestly could not find one thing to complain about. Well, OK, maybe the room was a little warm, but I was not there in the daytime and it cooled off well enough at night.

The location was absolutely perfect for me. I had rented a car and wanted to use the hotel as my base as I toured Tuscany. I drove up to Cortona every morning and then again in the evening, before and after whatever other part of tuscany I had visited.

My room was quite large with a queen sized bed (I even had three pillows!) and a big bathroom. i had a great view of Cortona up on the hill from my window (room #10).

The food in the restaurant was excellent and everyone I dealt with on the staff was very helpful. They printed maps and directions off of the internet for me. they even called Florence and got me reservations for the Ufizzi gallery. And the guy that served coffee at breakfast remembered that I drank two cappuccinos the first day, so I never had to ask for coffee again.

As others have stated, they are under construction right now, but again, who is going to hang out there during the day?

I am absolutely thrilled about this place and definitely plan to go back. I just hope they don't raise the prices post-construction...

Room Tip: Room 10 on the second floor (3rd floor by USA standards) had a great view of Cortona out the window.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo