“Sunday lunch in Cortona”
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Ranked #49 of 100 Restaurants in Cortona
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Athens
“Sunday lunch in Cortona”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were visiting Cortona for the first time and had heard a lot of wonderful things about the restaurants in the Italian hill town. We choose this trattoria for our Sunday lunch and it was great. This seemed to be a popular restaurant for the locals. It is not very big and we were fortunate to get a table without having to wait. The food was very good and the owner was very pleasant. He shared with us not only his lemon liquor but also one he made from bay leaves which was very good.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Welcoming,Friendly, Clean, and very Accommodating”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Welcoming,Friendly, Clean, and very Accommodating
I can only say it as it was, These Italian Owners and staff made us very welcome for our Lunch for five the food was fresh,authentic and fantastic value the service was attentive,
Frequented by locals and tourists alike we did not no the waiters was the owner until the end of the meal. I have been in this industry for 30 years and really enjoyed my experience here and highly recommend the place as a must try if your in town as we were for the day. Also played great background jazz.

Visited April 2014
McLean, Virginia
“Favoloso!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I lived in Italy and Sicily for five and a half years but that was a long time ago and we always wanted to return for a visit. We had the opportunity to return in May 2014 with our friends and wanted to show them something special.

We visited Cortona, It as part of our 18 day tour of Italy and one evening we dined at the Trattoria Toscana. During our residence in Italy and Sicily we had the opportunity to visit many restaurants and trattorias and I can honestly say that our night at Trattoria Toscana was one of the highlights of our trip. The food and service were outstanding. The staff
were personable and attentive and the atmosphere was relaxing and comfortable.

Visited May 2014
zazzinatoscana, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
thank you very much , pleased to see that our work is appreciated and further confirms that we have been unfairly penalized by tripadvisor , giving us a ranking unjust , just because we provide our customers with iPAD to write a review and this is not accepted as a legitimate , but fortunately still many people still know how to choose without the help of the internet , but personally simply choosing the restaurant to eat , thanks again and hope to see you again as our customers.
Thousand Oaks, California
“Don't miss this gem when you are in Cortona”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were referred here for dinner on our trip to Cortona while staying at Cortona Suites which is practically around the corner. We were in Cortona on a Monday night in March so walking the streets that night, we felt like we were the only people in town. However, arriving here we were welcomed like we had just arrived home. It was not a really busy night, but there were probably 5 or 6 other parties dining while we were there. Although at least one other party were tourists, it appeared that everyone else were locals. I always think that is a great sign! Not only did we enjoy everything that night, we also felt that the prices were very reasonable. When at the end of the meal we were presented with 5 bottles of after-dinner liquors (left at the table for an "honor" pour), I really did feel like we were dining in somebody's home. I was slightly concerned though because I was not certain how it worked and the costs, but there ended up being no surprises. If we had stayed 2 nights, I would have gone back again for dinner the next night.

• Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our local favourite”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've been to Cortona 5 times now for different periods of time from as little as 3 days to one month. And I keep coming back here.

The food is great. The truffle steak is to die for when black truffle is in season. I also love their pasta "Orrechiette al Fume".

Don't let the fact that it's family friendly and not the priciest restaurant in town deter you. While they have a selection of wines that you can buy, they've been accommodating when I've bought a special bottle of wine from the local wine shop in the main piazza (Enoteca Molesini).

I keep going back.