“Such a pleasant day”

Alessandra Federici's Cucina Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking and experiencing an Italian home, chatting and making lifetime friends ofìver a plate of pasta. Laughing and discussing the worlds problems while indulging on a freshly made dessert, Italian life, Italian kitchen, hands on, heart on.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

What a wonderful way to spend a day. Starting with a cappuccino in a piazza, where the conversation flows and you get to know your fellow classmates. A tour of the countryside and purchasing the ingredients like a local. Then to a home where you actually feel at home. This is less like a class, and more like a bunch of old friends (from Canada, US, and Australia) getting together to make a meal, all the while learning as we go in Alessandra's laid back style. Yes it is a full day, but it was not only the longest meal we have ever had but also the most enjoyable. Grazie Alessandra. I have since made the meal many times, and it always brings me back to your kitchen.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"local butcher"
"cultural experience"
in 3 reviews
"an experience we will never forget"
"produce market"
in 7 reviews
"her son"
"highlight of our trip"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This fall we spent two "full" days with Alessandra. I had two different groups of friends, and my wife and I both times. Everyone agreed it was the best cooking class they had ever attended, and there had been many before. After some classes you think I might try that again someday, but never do. Alessandra teaches the techniques and philosophy of Italian home cooking. Everyone left feeling they could do this when they got home. Guess what? Everyone has, including me. We are all making fresh pasta at home and cooking many of the other favorites from her class. Even more important, we got a glimpse of Italian family life, were introduced to the local butcher, baker, and vegetable seller in Cortona. All of which we made use of during the rest of our stay. We love Alessandra and hope to visit her again someday!

AleFederici, Proprietario at Alessandra Federici's Cucina Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

As I had chanses to say before it is easy to be nice with great people, I loved having you and your friends over, hope to see you again soon. Keep the good food roll!!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We spent 12 hours with Alessandra and the only reason it was not longer was because we had a long drive back to Sansepolcro. We experienced making and eating some "real" Italian dishes, but even better, we formed a wonderful friendship. Alessandra is the best..Period! Time spent with her is a revelation about great Italian cooking and day-to-day life in this beautiful region of Italy. She is warm and funny along with being a Master Chef! What more could anyone ask of a cooking class that is held in a lovely home, taught by an expert! I came home with recipes that I will be making for family and friends for the rest of my life.
Davis, CA

1  Thank Darleen C
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had a wonderful day cooking and talking with Alessandra. We enjoyed learning about the history of Italian cooking and putting Alessandra's knowledge to work on our own masterpieces. It exceeded our expectations and would recommend to anyone desiring to learn about Italian food and how to cook Italian food. What a wonderful lady, a joy to meet.
Riccardo and Maria Cheyenne, WYO

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Alessandra's cooking class was by far one of the top highlights of our trip! I'm not sure where to begin, to start, Alessandra is amazingly talented and a pleasure to be around, we laughed all day long. Her food and style of teaching, makes cooking fun and we learned a ton! We're excited to try making her recipes on our own. The experience is by far a "real" experience with a tour through Cortona and an invitation to her home. I can't say enough good things - just take this class!