“The place to be for a drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Tuscher

Caffe Tuscher
Ranked #20 of 99 Restaurants in Cortona
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Bar Coffee Shop open tuesday to sunday 09,00 am to 09,00 pm during the winter 09,00 am to midnight in the summer - Kitchen open 10,00 am to 03,00 pm during the winter, to 05,00 pm in the summer - we serve Illy coffee Home made Pastry - English and Continental Breakfast - Aperitif Time with Buffet - Cocktails Wines & Sprits special selections - Outdoor tables on the main street
Oxford, United Kingdom
“The place to be for a drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Whether you choose to stay in or out in the street, you will get very good drinks, and snacks, excellent cocktails, and hot beverages. Service is very good and friendly.

Visited September 2012

Boston, MA
“Our Favorite Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We saw this place while we were walking down Via Nazionale one day and on a whim made dinner reservations for that night. The restaurant only has a few table for dining, as the upstairs is a comfy lounge for apertivos and before dinner drinks. The ambience is more modern than some of the other restaurants in Cortona, and it came off as comfortable and romantic.

We absolutely loved our food here. We had the lasagna and the the pork with caramelized apple and leeks. They were both incredibly delicious and definitely the best dishes we had on our trip. The chocolate cake we had for dessert was also excellent.

Our server was great. She was friendly, attentive, and even gave us suggestions on what to do with a free day for which we had no set plans. We wished we were staying longer so we could go back again!

Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best lasagne I've ever had! Charming street cafe that's beautiful inside too, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We walked past this place sussing out where to eat, completed our reccie of the town and came back. It shares a table area on the street with neighbouring other cafes so we could nearly have picked a different one. Thankfully we picked lucky and got the gem.

Massimo, wife Danielle and son gave us truly great service throughout. We started with a selection of fresh breads with olive oil & awesome balsamic, then moved onto tomato bruschetta with a bottle of Il Castagno Syrah Cortona. We knew already we were on a roll...then the 'palate cleanser' arrived - only it wasn't, this was our main. Now I like my food, and am no stranger to BIG portions, so was a little shocked. However from my first mouthful I was smitten.

The lasgagne (actually called lasagnetta) was 3 fresh pasta circles 10cm in diameter, with layers of a beautiful rich duck filling - the bechemel sauce flavoured with Parmesan and white wine was divine. I am not joking, exaggerating or embellishing - this is the nicest lasagne I've EVER had. Sorry mum....

Then we chose desserts, I got the slight short straw and had white chocolate mousse with an orange jelly topping. Very nice, beautifully made...but when i saw my partners arrive I had total dessert envy. Have a look at the photo, you'll see what I mean. Every single mouthful was to be treasured, with the table next to us declaring "I'll have what she's having".

Finally we ended on an Illy coffee - my favourite. Beautifully presented with caramel, toffee and chocolate in the top - again check the photo! It was called "Illy Freddo Cappuccino Shakerato" and I wouldn't order anything else!

I hope you like the photos, we do because when we look at them it reminds us what a wonderful time we had, which really makes us smile!

Uk
“We only popped in for a coffee . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

. . . and stayed in the relaxing surroundings for the best part of an hour. While we were passing the time glancing at the menu my husband noticed a 20 year old Italian brandy listed. He could not resist trying a glass - it was so delicious! I'm not really an alcohol drinker, but if anything could change that it would be this really smooth brandy savoured in a Renaissance building with attentive staff. Sadly, we're leaving Cortona in the morning so we'll have to make a special note to repeat the experience on our next (definite) visit.

• Visited September 2012
Long Beach, California
“Best Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Mossimo and his wife Danielle have a great resturant perfectly located to eat delicious food and people watch. Danielle makes the best coffee! try having her add some kahlua :)

Visited July 2012