“Best Meal in Italy Thus Far”
Review of Tempero

Tempero
Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in Cortona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Ancaster, Canada
“Best Meal in Italy Thus Far”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were originally as recommended going to go to Teatro. However after having a delightful experience with Gabriella across from this wonderfully charming restaurant, we decided to patronize Tempura with a little encouraging from Gabriella to do so. We started with the Antipasto starter. It was a delightful assortment of apps that were prepared with the freshest of ingredients. Everything was absolutely wonderful. For the main, my wife had the Fungi Pasta deliciously accented by slivers of truffle... Wow! Fungi is Italian for mushrooms. She did well and was pleasantly surprised by how tasty her dish was. I think I did a little better. I had the Veal (easy Pita people) and it was the most tender and tasty piece of meat I have had in many many years. Over looking the table next too us, I noticed they had t-bone steaks. They too looked amazing. Portions are large so come hungry. I highly highly recommend this spot when visiting Cortona. Our server Olympia was very good. She laughed at my attempts to speak Italian but I'm sure appreciated my efforts. The owner (I'm assuming) Mora was equally friendly and thanked us for patronizing her restaurant. We will be back. Although I would very much like to order the same again, I like to sample many foods. It will be difficult though. My goodness it was good. Thank you Mora and Olympia.

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
nashville
“Fabulous. Delicious. Friendly.”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a delightful place to have a wonderful meal with friends or family. The outdoor area is pretty and comfortably off the main street. I was visiting a friend that lives in Cortona and she made sure we had a meal here. My girlfriends and I had several courses, each more delicious than the last. Let them surprise you with their specials! You will enjoy your visit.

• Visited July 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very nice in every respect”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

When we visit Cortona, Tempero is always on the menu. This year we visited with our family (9 people in total) and both service and food were again perfectly adequate. Excellent crostinis and bruschetta's were followed by good pasta and a wonderful tagliata. As ever a friendly welcome and goodbye from the owner and we left the place happy. Recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Townsville
“Nice decor, very clean.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The day we visited Cortona it was raining on and off, Tempero presented itself on the side street so we took the chance and went in, we were the only patrons. We all decided on a plate of Riboletta and glass of wine, both were good, although i was a bit dissapointed to be charged 2 euro per head as a cover charge on top of the 7 euro p.p. for the plate soup. The decor is attractive and we will probably return next time we visit Cortona, as some of the pictures of the food posted by other Tripadvisors looks good.

• Visited May 2013
Nova Lima, MG
“Perfect”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Meat with tartufo....never had eat something so good!!! The owners are great people...nice, simple.. The place is really nice, wine was excelent too. I´d love to come back!

• Visited June 2013