“pizza available 40 choices”
Review of Hosteria La Tufa

Hosteria La Tufa
Ranked #56 of 104 Restaurants in Cortona
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Who would imagine a great pizza and restaurant in the middle of Tuscany near Cortona that may set a new record for the "best" Tuscany has to pioneer. And of course not just Pizza but pages of Pasta too. YES we tried a few and all were excellent Stop by!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

well I now see that others have been before me so I will just say that I concur with the positive comments. I just wanted to give this place a plug because we had a great meal and service.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The view from the restaurant is amazing! In the summer it can be busy, but it wasn't a problem for me. The food is simple but good. Really enjoyed the antipasti. They also serve gluten free pizza's!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This place is in a small community a few miles south of Cortona. It is popular with the locals who can walk there. The food was good but nothing outstanding. I think they use store bought pastas.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

A firm favourite amongst our friends and family, La Tufa is off the beaten track for most holidaymakers in Cortona. Indeed we had driven past it for years without realising the treats behind those walls! Not least the amazing view over the Val di Chiana at sunset. This restaurant can get extremely busy at festival times and peak season, which is a testament in itself to the quality of it's fare, but the waiting staff are hardworking and helpful, even if their mastery of English is less than that of most waiters up in Cortona. We are always welcomed back with a warm greeting. The pictorial menu may be a little off-putting to some but certainly makes ordering easier if your Italian is limited. Don't expect the food to look exactly like the picture, some substitutions can occur because of availability. That said, we have tried almost everything on the menu and there is nothing I wouldn't have again! Consistently very good, and very often excellent!