“Even more beautiful than the pictures!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Emzaro
Rhode Island
“Even more beautiful than the pictures!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed at this villa on the 4th of July week with my husband and three kids (ages 13, 15, 17). We stayed with extended family and all together we were 15 people... A couple with no kids (grandparents) and their 3 sons and their families (one family of 5 and two families of 4).

We all fit very comfortably. This villa is very spacious and it was nice that each room had its own bathroom. My bed was firm and the pillows were comfortable. There are no complaints there. The view from my window was incredible! I'll post pictures. The ages of all 7 children were ages 1-17 and they shared rooms and loved it. The little ones slept separately.

There are some steep stairs in the house and outside. The youngest (1 & 3 yrs) had to be monitored closely and we made some "gates" outside by putting down some patio chairs sideways.

We had the chef prepare us one meal which probably was the best meal we had all week. Paolina and her helper were excellent! I highly recommend you have them cook for you at least once. We would've done more, but we were always on the go.

Cortona was a short 20-minutes away. You could see the hilltop town after a five minute ride, but it takes a while to make it up there. This town is a MUST. That's were some filming took place for the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. We also visited Montpulciano which was absolutely beautiful. There are lots of wine tasting bars that were quite a tease when traveling with kids. If you're a Twilight fan you'll want to see where they filmed Edward and Bella, too. If you're a couple traveling without kids, I'd visit before the sun goes down and stay through the evening.

We also saw Florence, Assisi, Sienna, and Perugia while staying that week. We were very busy! I thought we'd be relaxing by the pool a few days, but there was just so much to see and we had rented a car. If you want to go for a short 10 minute ride to dinner, I'd suggest heading to the little town you can see right outside your window called Passignano which is right on the lake. If I find the receipt to the restaurant I'll add it later. The service was great and food was delicious and homemade/fresh.

One thing that bothered all of us and i wonder if I should rate the villa 4 instead of 5 stars is a terrible smell coming from the drains. It was worst in the morning in the kitchen. At first, we thought it was the trash, but then we figured it out. I did notice that some restaurants had the same smell coming from their bathroom areas. My husband thinks it has something to do with the drainage in the region.

Overall, I'd recommend this villa. It has breath-taking views, is VERY spacious, it has a nice pool, it'll keep you cool with the breeze and being so high up the mountain (crazy winding roads..fun!)

SUGGESTIONS:
Make sure you use the alarm for the villa even when you're in for the night. We had a break-in at 4am while we were all sleeping. They took two iphones and a camera bag with camera and lenses. We got comfortable in that beautiful place and let our guard down. PLEASE use the alarm. Also, as a precaution, Vittorio installed some additional latches at each door after that happened.

Visiting towns: Always have euro coins ready to pay for parking. You need to get a ticket that states how long you're staying. You then put it on your dashboard. Many of these machines didn't accept bills. We learned this the hard way!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Beautiful view!
Liked least: Drainage odor
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Lyon
Reviewed 11 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing