Hotel San Michele
Hotel Sabrina(Cortona)
Villa Marsili(Cortona)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main squarehotel parkingvia guelfalovely hotelnumerous restaurants and shopsformer palacepark the carbooked this hotelother hotelscity gatepiazza della repubblicabottle of proseccono brainerhuge bathroomwi firecommended restaurantsbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights on our honeymoon in the suite! The view from the balcony was absolutely spectacular, the service at the front desk was wonderful and very friendly. The hotel itself is beautiful and historic. We found the mattress not very comfortable -- very lumpy and the internet connection was crappy. However, we would still come back because it was a wonderful hotel to stay at overall. Lots of options for breakfast too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
francesca p, Direttore at Hotel San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear guests,
thank you very much for your comment and choose our hotel for yours honey moon.
We toke note of yours advice and we try to improve the mattress's quality and the wifi service.
Best regards.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Lovely hotel in the historic center. Staff very helpful in arranging transfers etc. Very knowledgeable and eager to accommodate. Nice courtyard for relaxing. We had a room on the top floor that had a window that overlooked the top of other roofs but were told that the lower rooms looked into the side of other buildings. It is so nice to be able to leave the front door and walk to all the wonderful events in this charming town

Room Tip: Wireless did not extend to the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks at the end of August and it was wonderful. The hotel is so close to the town centre and yet in a quiet road. Our room on the front was beautiful with floor to ceiling curtains, plenty of light and double glazed windows and shutters for nighttime.
There is always someone at the front desk and they are always helpful and friendly. In the centre of the hotel there is an antrium open to the sky and also a spacious lounge room. Wi fi and a computer are free to hotel guests and the hotel is well managed and very clean.
Buffet breakfast is good and once again there are staff always on hand to assist if necessary.
This was our third year in Cortona because we love it so much but the first year at this hotel and it was everything I had hoped for. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbBri
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nites and were totally pleased with everything. Service was terrific and say a special hello to our good friend Matteo at the front desk. He is as good as it gets! What a delight meeting. One caution if you're renting a car we would advise you to have them take it out of the narrow garage for you. I tried to do it myself and scratched the car!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I've been to Cortona on holiday with my wife and I stayed at the hotel San Michele. The stay was very pleasant, thanks to the charm of the Tuscan town, but also thanks to the impeccable treatment received at this charming hotel.The rooms are spacious, clean and well furnished, and breakfast is very good; the front desk service is very friendly. If I return to Cortona, I would at the San Michele.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple