I have stayed at Il Falconiere many times, but I'm new at doing reviews, so here I go. This Relais and Chateau is by far the best I have stayed at, and I have stayed at several. It is in the most amazing location just outside of Cortona, and the grounds are simply fantastic. The family that runs the property are gracious hosts, and the staff is so attentive, and kind. Starting with the breakfast spread. WOW!
They have a huge spread and great juices, coffees, and teas. Walking into the spa once instantly relaxes. The turkish bath is great, and the wine therapy is one of the coolest things I have ever done.
Then cooking school we have done twice. Once with our six year old daughter. It is like nothing I have ever experienced. To be thought by a Michelin star chef was such s treat! The wine tasting was the highlight of this last trip. The wine maker, Riccardo let us taste the new Pinot noir right out of the barrel. That was so great. We would up shipping several cases of the wine and oil home.
Now I love great food. The food here is like nothing I have ever had. Gourmet like I have never had. I had a steak tar tar that was under glass. When they opened the glass, smoke came out! It was so good. I have had lunch and dinner there many times and I have always left amazed at the quality of the food, and the impeccable service.
The rooms are right out of a Tuscan dream picture book, as are the grounds. The only thing I don't like about il falconiere is when I have to leave.
I highly recommend this property, the spa, and the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The typical Tuscan villa which dates back to the 17th century was the home of the famous poet Antonio Guadagnoli. Now completely restored and transformed into a countryside Relais, it is part of the prestigious chain Relais & Châteaux, which exuberates the art of hospitality.In the restaurant, in the kitchen, at the reception, dedicated to taking care of the needs of our guests ,we are proud to offer everyday our availability and our specialties, improving them continuously. The art of refining quality is achieved by caring about details that make a difference.An ideal setting for those who love the beauty of the countryside, the atmosphere of the Relais is quaint with characteristic old-fashioned Tuscan charm. The twenty-two rooms are elegantly furnished-each unique in color and décor and reflecting the classic, refined style of important Tuscan homes. A few rooms are in the antique villa, some attached to the villa’s chapel and others in the cottage. All share the view of the magical landscape of the Cortonese countryside and are fully furbished with every modern comfort.La THESAN ETRUSCAN SPA has the goal of reawakening all of your senses through the harmony of the environment and the flavours and tastes of Tuscany.The Etruscan Thesan Spa guides you to discover the true relaxation, with a unique and unrepeatable involving all five senses. A wellness Trail where the two basic elements - water and heat - are skilfully combined with lights, sounds and colours therapeutic to optimize the relaxation. Exclusive for Officina Profumo Santa Maria Novella of Florence. Behind each of our actions is the desire to spark an unforgettable emotion: a recipe with delicate and persistent aromas, a special and rare decoration, the vistas leaving you breathless and astonished, the warm welcome that makes you feel as though you belong.. all of this will take you to the primordial feelings of pleasure. Staying with us will leave you with everlasting memories.The restaurant is on two floors with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. The cooking, which is personally supervised by Silvia, with the help of the head Chef Richard Titi, has succeeded in creating new temptations, using original and traditional recipes to create a marvelous cuisineaccompanied by great wines. “Il Falconiere” is situated in a quiet, elevated, rural location amid vineyards and olive groves. It enjoys enviable views of the Val di Chiana to the west, and Cortona, the ancient Etruscan hill town just three kilometers to the south. The Relais is ideally located for short trips to some of the most famous art cities of central Italy, such as Arezzo, Perugia, Siena, Florence and Assisi, all within in an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Relais Il Falconiere & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Il Falconiere Cortona
- Relais Il Falconiere Hotel Cortona