i feel that the falconiere has had some very harsh reviews written about, its actually very good. the grounds and views are superb, a real treat. The rooms are lovely, even my classical room was like a suite, and there no insect problems or problems with the doors being old, besides, why replace a rustic, chamrimg door with some unaatractive, cheap modern thing? i also did get enough toiletries for 5 days. the swimming pools are clean and are well placed, the water however sometimes, can take your breath away. the hotel has a very sweet falcon as a mascot, and a simply wondeful chapel on site. the breakfasts, well what can i say, a great experience, im not going to spoil the surprise for you. we were on the hill and had our own breakfast room besides our pool and great views, you get plain omlettes, but if you want to try the different omlettes with the kind girl who makes them, go down to the main resturaunt. the staff are fine, the waiters spoke good english, and the reception staff bent over backwards for us to book resturaunts in cortona, and helped get to the hotel on the first day when we were lost. the food is very good, but horrensdously expensive, i suggest you eat their the first night, and then try out cortona's resturaunts. the wineyard tors and cooking lessons are money well spent, and their own olive oil, wine and olives are great.
so i say, dont listen to these bad reviews, some of thing sthey say are just not true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The typical Tuscan villa which dates back to the 17th century was the home of the famous poet Antonio Guadagnoli. Now completely restored and transformed into a countryside Relais, it is part of the prestigious chain Relais & Châteaux, which exuberates the art of hospitality.In the restaurant, in the kitchen, at the reception, dedicated to taking care of the needs of our guests ,we are proud to offer everyday our availability and our specialties, improving them continuously. The art of refining quality is achieved by caring about details that make a difference.An ideal setting for those who love the beauty of the countryside, the atmosphere of the Relais is quaint with characteristic old-fashioned Tuscan charm. The twenty-two rooms are elegantly furnished-each unique in color and décor and reflecting the classic, refined style of important Tuscan homes. A few rooms are in the antique villa, some attached to the villa’s chapel and others in the cottage. All share the view of the magical landscape of the Cortonese countryside and are fully furbished with every modern comfort.La THESAN ETRUSCAN SPA has the goal of reawakening all of your senses through the harmony of the environment and the flavours and tastes of Tuscany.The Etruscan Thesan Spa guides you to discover the true relaxation, with a unique and unrepeatable involving all five senses. A wellness Trail where the two basic elements - water and heat - are skilfully combined with lights, sounds and colours therapeutic to optimize the relaxation. Exclusive for Officina Profumo Santa Maria Novella of Florence. Behind each of our actions is the desire to spark an unforgettable emotion: a recipe with delicate and persistent aromas, a special and rare decoration, the vistas leaving you breathless and astonished, the warm welcome that makes you feel as though you belong.. all of this will take you to the primordial feelings of pleasure. Staying with us will leave you with everlasting memories.The restaurant is on two floors with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. The cooking, which is personally supervised by Silvia, with the help of the head Chef Richard Titi, has succeeded in creating new temptations, using original and traditional recipes to create a marvelous cuisineaccompanied by great wines. “Il Falconiere” is situated in a quiet, elevated, rural location amid vineyards and olive groves. It enjoys enviable views of the Val di Chiana to the west, and Cortona, the ancient Etruscan hill town just three kilometers to the south. The Relais is ideally located for short trips to some of the most famous art cities of central Italy, such as Arezzo, Perugia, Siena, Florence and Assisi, all within in an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Relais Il Falconiere & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Il Falconiere Cortona
- Relais Il Falconiere Hotel Cortona