Il Falconiere deserves the 5 stars! This family owned hotel surpasses all expectations and really has the comforting and relaxing feel that most big hotels lack. This place has a personality. Pictures cannot do this place justice.
Il Falconiere's views of Italy's Tuscan countryside are to-die-for. I've never seen anything like it, it truly is heavenly. They own an on-site vineyard, winery, and the Baracchi wines and Baracchi olive oils harvested at the hotel grounds are superb. After driving through the small roads to get atop the mountain to Il Falconiere (they offer quick taxi services), you meet with the very friendly and personable staff, and you might also get to see the family owned pet falcon; it's gorgeous. The Baracchi family and their staff truly know what they're doing, they see to it that all your needs are met, may it be for room service, jogging routes, or even next-stop hotel planning. The front desk is very attentive and knowledgable. This hotel is just a train ride away from Florence and Rome.
Every single room has it's own personality, very clean, tidy, and with updated bathrooms. They offer complimentary breakfast. Their huge spa facility offers a beautiful indoor/outdoor spa, and offers quality treatments that include some of Italy's natural resources. It's extremely relaxing. They also operate a restaurant on the hotel grounds, delicious.
Honestly, I could go on for days about this place, it is just that amazing! I wouldn't go anywhere else next time I'm in Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The typical Tuscan villa which dates back to the 17th century was the home of the famous poet Antonio Guadagnoli. Now completely restored and transformed into a countryside Relais, it is part of the prestigious chain Relais & Châteaux, which exuberates the art of hospitality.In the restaurant, in the kitchen, at the reception, dedicated to taking care of the needs of our guests ,we are proud to offer everyday our availability and our specialties, improving them continuously. The art of refining quality is achieved by caring about details that make a difference.An ideal setting for those who love the beauty of the countryside, the atmosphere of the Relais is quaint with characteristic old-fashioned Tuscan charm. The twenty-two rooms are elegantly furnished-each unique in color and décor and reflecting the classic, refined style of important Tuscan homes. A few rooms are in the antique villa, some attached to the villa’s chapel and others in the cottage. All share the view of the magical landscape of the Cortonese countryside and are fully furbished with every modern comfort.La THESAN ETRUSCAN SPA has the goal of reawakening all of your senses through the harmony of the environment and the flavours and tastes of Tuscany.The Etruscan Thesan Spa guides you to discover the true relaxation, with a unique and unrepeatable involving all five senses. A wellness Trail where the two basic elements - water and heat - are skilfully combined with lights, sounds and colours therapeutic to optimize the relaxation. Exclusive for Officina Profumo Santa Maria Novella of Florence. Behind each of our actions is the desire to spark an unforgettable emotion: a recipe with delicate and persistent aromas, a special and rare decoration, the vistas leaving you breathless and astonished, the warm welcome that makes you feel as though you belong.. all of this will take you to the primordial feelings of pleasure. Staying with us will leave you with everlasting memories.The restaurant is on two floors with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. The cooking, which is personally supervised by Silvia, with the help of the head Chef Richard Titi, has succeeded in creating new temptations, using original and traditional recipes to create a marvelous cuisineaccompanied by great wines. “Il Falconiere” is situated in a quiet, elevated, rural location amid vineyards and olive groves. It enjoys enviable views of the Val di Chiana to the west, and Cortona, the ancient Etruscan hill town just three kilometers to the south. The Relais is ideally located for short trips to some of the most famous art cities of central Italy, such as Arezzo, Perugia, Siena, Florence and Assisi, all within in an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Relais Il Falconiere & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Il Falconiere Cortona
- Relais Il Falconiere Hotel Cortona