All reviews michelin star cooking school wine tour junior suite cooking class beautiful property michelin restaurant food and wine tuscan countryside main building our honeymoon olive trees pasta day trip perfect tuscan cooking lesson spectacular views
Reviewed 16 September 2010

A few weeks ago my wife, my 23 year old daughter and I stayed with the Baracchi family at their wonderful estate Il Falconiere. We have not stopped telling our friends about the beautiful four days we spent there. We were fortunate enough to be housed in the Vineyard Suite, a beautiful and well appointed little "villa" overlooking the vineyards, with a view across the valley to Cortona perched at the top of the hill. We used Il Falconiere as a base for day trips to Arezzo, Montepulciano, Montalcino and of course Cortona.
We could not have felt more welcome. Sylvia, Riccardo and Ben are gracious hosts and they supervise one of the best "hotels" we have ever visited.
Make sure you take a tour of the winery and sample the Baracchi wines. The 2006 Ardito has been recognized internationally as a superb wine scoring well into the 90's by Wine Spectator reviewers. My wife and daughter spent a wonderful afternoon with Syvia at her cooking school preparing a sumptious meal which was served to us under the stars in their Michelin One star restaurant accompanied by their own excellent wines....it was an evening we will never forget.
If you are looking for the perfect Tuscan country experience either to relax after the heat and hurry of Rome or to collect yourself before blitzing Florence you cannot do better than Il Falconiere. We will certainly return.

Date of stay: August 2010
2  Thank Radman2
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Unfortunately, I was here just before the spa was open so I did not get to experience it. I plan on returning and spending more time this year and can't wait. Service was excellent and so was the hospitality of Benedetto, Sylvia and Ricardo. The room was beautiful with views of Cortona and breakfast was served either inside or out on the lawn. The owners asked me to join them for dinner in their restaurant and it was one of the best meals of my trip. Wines are great too! Even go to open one with a sword!

Date of stay: April 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Il_Falconiere, Manager at Relais Il Falconiere & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2010

Dear Sirs,
Thank you very much for your special review. When we received the comments like your we are enjoy about our job.
We look forward to welcoming you again here with us at Il Falconiere in order to join our Thesan Spa.

Best Regards,

Baracchi Family and the all staff of Il Falconiere Thesan Spa

Reviewed 21 November 2009

I Recently Stayed In Il falconiere and It was fabulous ! From My booking weeks ago up until check out the staff in every sector of the hotel were extremely friendly , courteous and professional . I participated in the cooking school and having just participated in a michelin star school in France and another in Marrakech , I can say Il falconiere is my favorite ! Maybe i am biased as I love Italy and speak Italian but I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and cooking school to anybody . The English translator ( which was provided for my friend) is a lovely American Lady named Amy who is married to an Italian and has been in Tuscany for 20 years. We prepared and cooked 4 courses as well as extra bits and pieces which were all served to us in the restaurant a few hours later paired with different wines for each course. A thoroughly enjoyable experience and i cannot wait to go back for a longer stay .

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2009

A wonderful place to stay and just what we were looking for.
Visiting often relais et chateaux in Europe, it was a long time ago since we were this surprised with the dinner at night.
Full of surprises, and very inventive but still pure 'cuisine' and those extras... go there to find out.
The rooms are indeed old but that is just what we are expecting in Toscane or do you prefer the cold mass production rooms of so many other chains.
We had a great time there and are looking forward to go back, and the staff are very helpful and kind.

Date of stay: November 2009
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I don't know what hotel everyone else is complaining about, but Il Falconiere was totally enchanting. My first trip to Italy, and this estate captured me! It was everything I dreamed of and more! The property was picture perfect. From the drive up the stone walled entrance, to the parking under the Wisteria covered parking spaces, to our wonderful greeting at the reception (by a girl who spoke very good English). If you don't want a skeleton key for a room key, don't visit. If you don't want church bells ringing in the distance, don't visit. If you don't want a breathtaking view of Cortona and hills of Tuscany, don't visit. If you don't want an AWESOME Spa experience, that was first class, don't visit. If you don't want a relaxing swim by the pool with views of Tuscany, don't visit. If you don't want fresh juice, natural granola, eggs anyway you like, with espresso, don't visit. If you don't want the most wonderful Tuscan pea soup, beef steak, rabbit, fresh olive oil, wine, food so fresh, you'll never shop in a grocery store again, don't visit. And then there's the winery! Private tour, complete with a tasting by Benedetto, whose passion for his wine went beyond taste and smell. It was an experience that I will remember for awhile. Sylvia seated us every meal, and was so personable and charming. Il Falconiere is classy, friendly, clean, enchanting, and will have you wanting more. They do have a cooking school that I will plan to attend on my next trip. Ciao!

Date of stay: July 2009