“The best mom and pop ever” 4 of 5 bubbles

Trattoria Tacconi
Ranked #35 of 99 Restaurants in Cortona
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Telluride, Colorado
“The best mom and pop ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We love the Tacconis. The older couple create a fun environment and great food with their 5 table trattoria. No menu, no prices. Senor Tacconi asks what pasta, what sauce and later what main course. Eat here every trip to Corton. What the
Tuscan trattoria must have been like 40 years ago.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TrideDRG

Clarkson, Kentucky
“Met my 2nd cousin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

While visiting in Cortona on my first night we had cappucino in this quaint restaurant and this is where I met my 2nd cousin Angelo and his wife Graziella (owners of Trattoria Tacconi) as well as other family members who joined us. What an experience. Later in the week, we had lunch here and truly enjoyed the food and wine. The personable service was excellent and it was so much fun to see the pictures of their guests on the wall including Frances Mayes and my uncle. I will go back to Cortona and eat here again for family, food, and fun! I think they are only open for lunch and you need to make reservations. I did not pay for this meal someone else did so I cannot share any cost information. I felt like I was in a person's kitchen versus a restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
Florence
“Nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

In planning three days in Umbria, setting out from Florence, we decided on Cortona as a place to head to for lunch. Let me say only that Tacconi was not a good choice although previous visitors gave it a good rating on Trip Advisor. The food - pasta with oil, garlic and hot pepper- was acceptable but not much else. The offerings of a main course - steak, pork chop or pork liver, all pretty standard stuff - were .run of the mill. I would be inclined to say that the best part of the steak was the spinach that accompanied it. The atmosphere was friendly and very informal but as for the food itself I can't give it more than a mediocre rating.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnnFlorence
Montreal
“Home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Awesome. Real home cooking at it's best. Limited menu choices, but it's all good. Go before 1pm to get a table. FYI no english (but you're in Italy!)

• Visited September 2012
Georgetown, South Carolina
“When in Cortona - Not to be Missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Only has a few tables and you need a reservation!! You could miss this wonderful spot if you do not know about it. No menu - just serving what is fresh today. We had wonderful pasta with great local wine in beautiful Cortona Pottery pitchers. On the top of my list when I return.

• Visited August 2012