“A piece of heaven!”

Relais Villa Baldelli
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Cortona
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Beautiful location. Ricardo, the owner and all the staff made us feel very special. The food was lovely, especially being served outside under the stars The pool was s great addition. I will certainly return

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank czmscuba

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The highlight of the tuscan hotels in which I stayed. While a bit pricey for my pocket, it was worth it. She even helped to fix my laptop. Loved the garden and the vineyard.
I felt as if I were in a home. I practiced my italian with all the staff and they were most tolerant.
Vittorio gave each of us a bottle of wine. I drank one and am still saving the other

Room Tip: we had a cottage separate from the main house which looked out on Cortona.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
vbcortona, Direttore at Relais Villa Baldelli, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Guest! Many thanks for your lovely comment. It was really kind of you.
We hope to have you here again and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed at Villa Baldelli at the end of June in the middle of our trip to Italy. What a treat! We arrived at the train station and called the villa for our taxi. After no less than 10 minutes a gentleman came to pick us up. When we arrived at the Villa, we tried to tip him but he refused to take our money. We soon found out it was the owner of the Villa who picked us up - he didnt want us waiting at the train station too long! We only stayed 2 days - but I was sad to leave - it was like staying with family. They took wonderful care of us - even when we wanted to rent a car at the last minute. We had dinner at the Villa the first night on the patio and it was superb! From our seats we could look up and see Cortona - it was beautiful! Breakfast every morning was more than enough - fresh breads, coffee, tea, cheese, etc. The Villa sits below the town, on its own vineyard. We loved their wine so much that VIctorio (the owner) gave us a bottle to take home. We could not have asked for more and would highly recommend staying at Relais Villa Baldelli!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank CarlandTonya
vbcortona, General Manager at Relais Villa Baldelli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Guests,
we would like to thank you for your wonderful comment!
We hope to have you here again and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

All the reviews are spot on. You are definitely treated like a guest while staying here. It is a beautiful location with a POOL. During the month of July it is hard to beat that! We spent two nights here. The first night we took a taxi into town for dinner. The hotel contacted a taxi for us and it was Enzo, the same taxi driver that had picked us up from the train station. He spoke perect English and was our driver the entire stay. The hotel set up a wine tour for my husband and I last minute for the next day but somehow managed to find the most incredible guide. Lorenza was fabulous! We went to small independent wine makers that was absolutely what we wanted. Came back to a lovely dinner on the patio of the hotel with fabulous views of Cortona. Enzo was our taxi driver back to the train station as well which was lucky for us because we would have never been able to purchase train tickets from the Italian only machine without him! Would definitely have Cortona and this hotel on my travel list again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melmcadams
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This place is a 10! My daughter and I took a trip to Italy. We visited six famous areas, including Tuscany. This place felt like home. The staff was outstanding, the place stunning, and our stay memorable. The place has the Tuscan charm that you dream about and see in movies. It's an incredibly beautiful place that looks like a post card. It's unbeatable in my humble opinion, and I went to numerous Tuscan cities; Sienna, Montepulciano,, Montalcino, San Gimignano, and Pienza, and saw some of the Villas and hotels, this was by far my favorite. I wanted to cry when I left.
During our stay we had problems with a rent a car agency , called Il Grasole (never rent from them), the staff was so helpfulI and took over the call to assist. They went above and beyond any otherplace would have. Donald, the man who runs the restaurant, was fantastic and went out of his way to accomodate us. Ricardo took so much time to help us with sightseeing. The staff became our second family. We will go back, without a doubt!

Room Tip: We Had room 24. Not a huge room but large by European standards and an incredible view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SerasTravels
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This was a 5-star experience in a 4-star hotel. We did not aim for the perfect palace as we wanted a lot of comfort mixed with authentic rustic Italian charm and we were not disappointed in any aspect. We arrived at midnight pretty tired from a long travel day and we were immediately escorted by Donald who was the most hospitable front desk manager one could ever expect and spent the next 30 minutes insuring everything was perfect from our luggage check to our car parking. The breakfast was also delicious and as I found out later, better stocked than other similar hotels. This classy rustic setting is ideal if you want to combine comfort, convenience and get the real feel for the place. Dinner is more a convenience than an experience, but it did not matter, we felt throughout our stay that we were not treated like clients, we were treated like guests.
We will definitely return!

Room Tip: We went for the Junior suites, they are roomy with an excellent view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerard988
vbcortona, General Manager at Relais Villa Baldelli, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear Guests,

many thanks for your comment. It's true, we usually try to welcome our guests as if they were old family friends...
and sometimes it happens that Guests become friends of us!
This is terrific!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have actually stayed at Baldelli 2 times - and each time it was perfection! The care that has gone towards the selection of everything from the silk tafetta curtains to the quality of the antiques and even the towels, it's just dreamy. The surrounding gardens and vineyard, abundant with fruit trees and flower pots, have views that are unmatched. The best part is waking up each morning to the aromas of breakfast, so gorgeously and carefully prepared, everything's genuine and freshly made - it was such a great start to our days! The staff has always been so helpfull w/ information @ train schedules, town market days, museum hours even dinner reservations - tho I must say the times I have eaten dinner there, it was just as delicious as the breakfast! The owner, Signor Vittorio, can be seen sometimes walking around his gardens, he is such a wonderful gentleman and is very interested in the care of his guests. From the villa we easily drove to nearby towns of Cortona (actually also a slow 1 hour walk through farms), Siena, Florence, Montepulciano, Assisi, Sant'Antimo, San Galgano etc... Do not miss the nearby Cells of St. Francis or even the sulphur baths at Bagno Vignoni - there is so much to do - a week is never enough and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dolcevitaadventures

Dear Guest,

many thanks for the wonderful comment you wrote on us!
We greatly look forward to meeting you again and we wish you all the best!